Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In spirit of some talk on another post on the board. I though it would be interesting to get some dialog going on peoples favorite sports towns and or fans vs. worst.

I would say from everywhere I have been the best sports fans I have seen are the Vancouver Canuck fans. Being a hockey fan and ex Sharks season ticket holder I have since moving here gone to many a Vancouver game. Those fans are rabid sports fans and know there game.

Next would be Raider fans. Boy they are crazy, but the support there team thru thick and thin.

Worst have been Los Angelas fans of any LA team. They dont even attend or watch hole games.

Florida fans a close second.

·
Registered
946 Posts
DBAppraiser said:
49er fans are the worst! They come up with all these hair brained predictions and when they aren't doing that they are talking about satelite tv and BBQ. :D
Tup: Tup: Tup: Tup: Tup: Tup: Tup: Tup: Tup: Tup: Tup: Tup:

·
Banned
353 Posts
BIG GUY said:
DBAppraiser said:
49er fans are the worst! They come up with all these hair brained predictions and when they aren't doing that they are talking about satelite tv and BBQ. :D
Tup: Tup: Tup: Tup: Tup: Tup: Tup: Tup: Tup: Tup: Tup: Tup:
Tup: Tup: Tup: Tup: Tup: Tup: Tup: Tup: Tup: Tup: Tup: Tup: Tup: Tup: Tup: Tup: Tup: Tup:

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Best fans have to be any team from cleveland. How any of those people continue to show up to games of any sort blows my mind. About the worst choking bunch of teams a guy could find.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
The_Rook said:
Best fans have to be any team from cleveland. How any of those people continue to show up to games of any sort blows my mind. About the worst choking bunch of teams a guy could find.
In the same light, the Cubbies fans. Gotta stick through them thick and thin, although its mostly been thin for my lifetime, at least, and I suspect most fans lifetimes. Packers definitely have a good fan base and I'm always surprised at how you'll always find a big group of steelers fans all across the country. Seattle is a pretty big mixed bag. There are some sports fans, but its definitely not like other towns. Sure, Seahawks get some crazy fans, but as far as the town as a whole goes, I really think its mediocre, at best.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Raiders fans have to be best,, went down 3 years ago for a game,, they lost,, even though it was expected it as like a national day of mourning coming back through airport......! 2nd best would be any Nascar fans,, they spend a TON of $$ at races, travel ALOT and drink even more!!! Worst fans would have to be down south,, last time I was in Houston,, most people I talked with cared less about having the Texans.....

·
Banned
733 Posts
I would have to say the seahawk fans are the best!!!!! Suprised no one mentioned that one yet :(
Omar

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
I did mention it, but on the opposite side. True Seahawk fans are some of the best. But Seattle as a whole is not a good sports city. A true Seahawk fan, I believe, is kind of rare.

·
Banned
733 Posts
madcapmag said:
I did mention it, but on the opposite side. True Seahawk fans are some of the best. But Seattle as a whole is not a good sports city. A true Seahawk fan, I believe, is kind of rare.
Very True! ha ha. That is why i had to put it as seahawks fans and not seattle. But like you said a true seahawks fan because if they started losing every game it would be a whole different story for many people. Ive always been the guy that was saying next year is the year for years!!! and finaly it was the year Tup: ha ha
Omar

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
catlover414 said:
i love the seahawks! Tup: Tup: Tup:
My own little girl is a Hawk fan first. Yikes. No more allowance.

·
Registered
17,616 Posts
Most loyal - OSU (as much as that kills me) and for pro sports the Cowboys have it hands down. "(another painful fact) Go see a cowboys game and you will realize how small Hawk assemblies really are.

Also add Auburn Football and their alumni as being extremely loyal.

Seattle is pretty low on the list. Mostly bandwagon in this area. :eek:

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
Anyone ever been to a Red Sox game in Fenway? All I gottta say is wow. They are loyal

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
You know being from Colorado, I would say we have some of the biggest bandwagon fans out there! two years ago you couldn't find a Rockies fan.. and now you cand find many Av's fans. But to be fair, us Broncos fans are pretty good. the barrel man and the rest of them boys are nutts! If you have never tailgate d at mile high 12 degrees in t-shirts and flip flops you havnt lived Tup:

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
I got to see two games at Fenway back in 1996 against our Seattle Mariners. Ken Griffey hit a homer off Roger Clemens.. Lots of Griffey jerseys in the crowd it was surprising, but he was a thoroghbred in his prime then..The Red Sox did something weird in their line-up and Clemens hat to bat in the 8th inning.. He singled off Norm Charlton.. The Sox are great fans, they are currently in a streak of 388 straight sellouts..The games I saw had attendence of 26,000 and 31,000 for midweek games in May.. Good Times !!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts