Game Fishing Forum banner

Your tax dollars at work

2K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  fishinfoolz 
#1 ·
Congress To Investigate Britney Spears

The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee has announced that an investigation will be launched to address charges of substance abuse by pop superstar Britney Spears. Spears has been involved in several incidents of bizarre behavior during the past year, but vehemently denies use of any eccentric performance enhancing drugs. Lawmakers promise a thorough, star-studded investigation lasting until election day, if necessary.

"Americans have the right to know if Ms. Spears' behavior is chemically induced." said Henry Waxman, California Congressman and Chairman of the Committee. "The people want to know if she's a drugged-up, attention-starved publicity hound, or just plain nuts. It's our duty to find out."

The Committee intends to subpoena the likes of Lindsay Lohan, Nicole Riche and Whitney Houston, - who have all previously admitted to the use of eccentric performance enhancing drugs - as well as naturally bizarre celebrities, such as Michael Jackson and Tom Cruise. Also scheduled to testify are Justin Timberlake, Julia Roberts and Miley Cyrus, a.k.a. Hannah Montana - who have nothing to do with the case but can provide star power to the proceedings and boost C-Span's ratings.

"It's important we raise awareness to this problem." explained Waxman. "We must make sure that celebrities are sincere in their behavior, particularly in an election year."

Some critics, though, contend that the efforts of Congress should be aimed at more urgent issues. "There are more important issues critical to the future of this country." said Arlen Specter of the Senate Judiciary Committee. "Take the videotaping before the 2002 Super Bowl, for instance - those kinds of shenanigans have gone on long enough."

See: dailyredundancy.com
:lol: Gotta love those priorities. :roll:

#2 ·
Fine with me as long as their not giving the Telecom giants and the Bush crime family immunity with the new FISA bill. Tup:

Bush has said "Americans will DIE if this bill isn't passed." BUT... he refuses to sign it unless the immunity from prosecution for the Telecoms and his administration is included.

SO... we have no choice but to conclude that in his view... the well-being of his administration and these huge corporations takes precedence over the lives of the American people! :shock: Tdown:

#6 ·
"Bush has said "Americans will DIE if this bill isn't passed." BUT... he refuses to sign it unless the immunity from prosecution for the Telecoms and his administration is included. "

I would do the same when people in this country elect shiat heads like Pelosi, Kennedy, Kerry, Reid.

#9 ·
Theking said:
"Bush has said "Americans will DIE if this bill isn't passed." BUT... he refuses to sign it unless the immunity from prosecution for the Telecoms and his administration is included. "

I would do the same when people in this country elect shiat heads like Pelosi, Kennedy, Kerry, Reid.
Nice logic. Would it be okay if some who die to protect the telephone companies are neo cons?

#10 ·
So far Pelosi is holdin' it up in the House. How long the dems keep doin' that... who knows? Bush is in Africa for another week anyway I believe.

How do you feel about it ff? What do you think about what Bush said?

#12 ·
They're NOT seeking immunity from civil lawsuits Einstein... The Telecoms are seeking immunity from CRIMINAL PROSECUTION! clown:

If they didn't do ANYTHING wrong and were just complying with the wishes of the Bush administration... WHY do they need immunity? :?

#13 ·
They need immunity from frickin idiots and the ACLU who waste tax payers money on BS lawsuits to protect terrorists... Too bad you don't use the same logic when you're talking about the warrant less wiretapping there Mr...Oh wait I almost forgot....The big bad money grubbin telecom companies are akin to BIG BAD OIL and deserve everything the left can throw at'm right.. sick:

#15 ·
Yeah... spot on ff! clown:

I believe the lawsuit would read "the people of the united states VS At&t"
So does that wording make it civil or criminal Perry Mason? clown:

Newsflash: There's a BIG difference.

I'll repeat: If the Telecoms broke NO laws and violated NO ONE's civil rights... WHY do they need immunity? conf:

C'mon now... you right-wing legal scholars can defend them better than "ohh it's to protect them from the ACLU and liberals."

That is just plain freakin' PATHETIC! Tdown:

Gimme a REAL reason... if you can! :cool:

#16 ·
fishinfoolz said:
They need immunity from frickin idiots and the ACLU who waste tax payers money on BS lawsuits to protect terrorists... Too bad you don't use the same logic when you're talking about the warrant less wiretapping there Mr...Oh wait I almost forgot....The big bad money grubbin telecom companies are akin to BIG BAD OIL and deserve everything the left can throw at'm right.. sick:
Actually I think we should start blaming everything on the BIG BAD money grubbin' Television producers. light: Those SOB's!!! clown: :lol:

#17 ·
Webo said:
I'll repeat: If the Telecoms broke NO laws and violated NO ONE's civil rights... WHY do they need immunity? conf:
So you're gonna make a point by pointing to your own hypocrisy. clown:

Listen, if you're gonna claim to "repeat" at least get it right. This is what you wrote.

webo said:
If they didn't do ANYTHING wrong and were just complying with the wishes of the Bush administration... WHY do they need immunity
That's a far cry from "repeating"... clown:

I'll repeat too.

They need immunity from frickin idiots and the ACLU who waste tax payers money on BS lawsuits to protect terrorists...

#18 ·
"Actually I think we should start blaming everything on the BIG BAD money grubbin' Television producers"

That don't qualify for the tax kicker conspire with banks to throw middle america out on the streets and have 4 cars and a boat in the driveway. Ralph Nader would call Webo a money grubbing capitalist. We just cal him a dipshiat clown:

#19 ·
You're REALLY reaching now... ff my friend! :shock:

"If they didn't do ANYTHING wrong..." "If the Telecoms broke NO laws..." "and were just complying with the wishes of the Bush administration..." "and violated NO ONE's civil rights..."

Though I may not have repeated myself VERBATIM... the substance of the statements and subsequent question are the same.

And that's hypocratic how exactly? clown:

#20 ·
Theking said:
"Nice logic. Would it be okay if some who die to protect the telephone companies are neo cons?"

If you expect private companies to provide a service that helps protect people and then turn and face lawsuits by those very same people you are hopeless.
Sorta' the way we are quick to villify the pharmaceutical companies all the while hopin' they'll cure the next illness.....then we can sue 'em and blame 'em some more for 1 or 10 deaths while savin' thousands.

The lefties are always wanting to blame someone other than their stupid damn self. :lol:

#21 ·
Webo said:
And that's hypocratic how exactly? clown:
Your hypocrisy my friend is when you cry foul about another related issue. I said this in a previous post.

fishinfoolz said:
Too bad you don't use the same logic when you're talking about the warrant less wiretapping there Mr..
But ya know what...It really doesn't matter. Long winded explanations only serve to increase blood flow to my digits... :roll:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.