Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know why I've never asked this question before, but, if you had a chance to hear one guest on "Northwest Wild Country", who would it be? Who, in the wide, wild world of sportfishing, would you most like to have as a guest on your local fishing radio show?

I can tell you already that I've satisfied a couple of my "Top 5 Guests of All Time" list with Bobby Knight and Chuck Yeager. The other 3 on my wish list are:
1. Eric Clapton. Have any of you read his newest autobiography? There's an entry in it about Clapton owing his sobriety to fishing. Apparently, he finally decided to seek help for his addictions only after he fell on a couple of his favorite fishing rods and broke them while he was in a drunken stupor. I would KILL to have Eric Clapton as a guest.

2. Jimmy Buffet: Same deal. He fishes like a madman, and is ... well, he's Jimmy Buffet.

3. Tiger Woods. Same reason.

How about it, folks? Give me some guests to shoot for.

JS/NWWC

·
Registered
975 Posts
Pete Hanson and Tony Phillips who own and operate Alaska Farwest Fishing out at Dahl Island and who use to run Farwest resort at Neah Bay. VEry very knowledgable guys on Ocean Fishing.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
The Gov, she can answer to some of her policies. I think I would a be a good second choice :D

Swanny, you were my favorite guest.....now I've only listened once and you were on so that is in your favor Tup: :lol:

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
1) Jimmy Buffett (he's the reason I've sailed the Florida Keys on three seperate occassions.)
2) Jose Wejebe (Host of The Spanish Fly on ESPN2. A great storyteller with lot's of tropical experiences.)
3) John Wayne (hey, you asked for our Top 3 - not whether they were even possible or not.)

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
You could try asking me.

I will come, but you have to pay for all my expenses as well.

Flight/One months accomodation/Fishing with my GF friends/enough ale to keep the party going

Nah thinking again it might be cheaper to get the Tiger. :lol:

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
sir john said:
You could try asking me.

I will come, but you have to pay for all my expenses as well.

Flight/One months accomodation/Fishing with my GF friends/enough ale to keep the party going

Nah thinking again it might be cheaper to get the Tiger. :lol:
send the ol brit a calling card and do it over the telephone! clown: :D Tup:

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I second Larry Csonka...no scratch that get Audrey Bradshaw..she's a helluva lot better angler
Cindy Garrison, you should have some ESPN ties there dude
Ted Nugent
Billy Frank Jr. Billy would be a great guest from a historical and visionary perspective on what tribes view as prioirties. It would not be a bash fest but a forum for thoughtful discussion.
Les Claypool
Theres my .02

Paul

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Tred Barta
Larry Csonka
Billy (aka I8KEERD) just so he can tell us some more of his stories!!! :lol:

·
Administrator
13,966 Posts
JJHACK!!!

+2 for Les Claypool, that guy is awesome.

Mystical Legend

Ted Nugent

+1 for i8skeerd, that would be a hoot!

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Dr Hook said:
Ted Nugent
I would give all 3 votes to Sweaty Teddy!!!! Thats Rockin', Thats Wild County and thats conservation.... That is an all star guest if you ask me!!!

Tup: Tup: Tup:

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Now this .... this is G-R-E-A-T.

Thanks for the responses, guys & gals. You've given me a boot in the a$$ to secure some of these people for furture shows. Les Claypool seems to be the frontrunner, in a close race with Nuge, Tred Barta and I8skeerd. :)

I'm on a mission to get Claypool. As they say in the biz ... stay tuned!

I've been THIS close to having Nuge on about three times. That's one guest appearance that I can guarantee will happen in the near future.

We had Tred Barta on a couple of years ago. We teased him about his New York accent. He didn't seem to appreciate it much. :) I do think it's time to re-visit with him, though, so I'll see if I can make that happen. I just watched the one today where he ran 85 miles offshore by himself to chase yellowfin.

Bobby Knight is another one I'm working to try to visit with again. Sadly, we don't have a podcast of that particular interview from a couple of years ago. I nearly beat the producer to death when I found out he hadn't recorded that segment. We had coach Knight asking us for advice on how to best spool a spinning reel: "I've had my wife in all sorts of weird positions holding the line while I spool it, and the damn stuff still gets twisted ...."

What do y'all think of the following potential guests (all fishing/hunting related):

Brad Paisley
James Hetfield
Deion Sanders
Jay Buhner
Dave Grohl
Steve Zahn

Thanks again for the suggestions. Keep 'em coming!

JS/NWWC

·
Registered
56 Posts
I like your list of possible guest and here are a few of mine.
I would like to hear Larry Csonka and Audrey Bradshaw. Tred Barta. I would like to hear from someone who has witnessed the sucess of CCA first hand that might be able to help rally some more support in the Northwest. I know Gary Loomis does a great job here but some people from those chapters in the south would be interesting.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts