Your Favorite Hot Sauce | Gamefishin.com

Your Favorite Hot Sauce

Discussion in 'The Outdoor Chef! Great outdoor cooking' started by Iron Head, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Iron Head

Iron Head Active Member

I like hot sauce with my BBQ and especially fried chicken. I've been trying out a few and still looking for my favorite blend. I'm into the hot level but nothing ridiculous that can get you high like Dave's. Something like Popeye's Hot Sauce with more kick. So I just want to toss this out to get other people's preferences.

2. Hairlipangler

Hairlipangler Active Member

McCormick makes a "Sriracha" seasoning, dry rub. It's hot. Big flavor. Might try it as a rub or mix it in the batter. I make my own BBQ sauce. I use two things for heat. Cayenne and/or scotch bonnet. Cayenne can have some flavor, most of it pretty bitter. I take a few dozen scotch bonnets and a 1/4 cup of water and blend it fine. Freeze and use as needed for just about anything. Scotch Bonnets don't have any flavor, just heat. If you find a sauce you like and just want to kick it up without changing the taste, they'd be the ticket IMO.

3. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea New Member

Tabasco works for me.

4. Codfather

Codfather Active Member

Puckerbutt.....It's REAL hot but has alot of flavor,not like most of your real hot sauces and I've had alot of them being I'm a hot sauce junky...you have to order it and it's not cheap but it lasts a long time.....just look up Puckerbutt.....I've ordered 5-6 bottles now.

5. Dimples

Dimples Well-Known Member

I often do like Hairlipangler's suggested and use fresh peppers added to my own sauce, although the excessive heat of scotch bonnet would not be on my list. JalapeƱo is more my heat level and taste great or Serrano's to step it up and leave the seeds and membrane for more heat. Stay away from sauces like siriachi that contain the preservative sodium benzoate, when combined with acids like vinegar or lemon juice, it produces Benzines, which cause cancer. Can't beat fresh or even frozen peppers themselves added to your own BBQ sauce.

Last edited: May 3, 2015