Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fishing buddy Says gives me a call and said we were going Steelhead fishing. Been getting skunked with the BASS... so why not! Met with his co-worker that fishes quite often on this river and he said it was hot 2 weeks ago. It was quite an adventure getting to the spot cuz the road was had so many dang pot holes. Then we had to hike in the dark to his little spot. Myself and Says put a little wager down for $5 big ones :D to see who can land the first Steelhead. Says and his co-worker decide to go with the drift gear/corky & yarn and I stuck with the bobber & jig. Started hitting the water at about 7:00am and I was first to get my line wet. After several (3-4) hours, lost gear, and no takers I was almost ready to go home. But with that famous quote "never give up" in the back of my mind I was determined to catch my first Steelie. Says was fishing close to me and did something that caught my eye. I had also noticed out the corner of my eye that my bobber went down right at the rocky wall deep pocket. Reeled slack line...lowered rod....set the hook...text book....the short fight was on! Still had the "flash back" of Phil M. Legend yelling at me "bobber goes down...reel...set the hook" :lol: Landed the my first little beauty and won $5 big ones from Says :D

To end the day on a funny note. Says co-worker brought along his GF. While we were hiking out of the woods she slipped and fell crossing a log. First thing he says "don't break the rod" and didn't ask if she was o.k. or needed help. :lol: Laughing at that made our hike painless.

Enjoy the pic!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
NICE FISH!!! Congrats on your 1st!! Tup:

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Congrats on your 1st Steelie Tup:

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Congratulations Som, I know you have been trying hard for your first Steel, great job that is one beautiful fish and great story too,I hope your buddies girl slapped him with the rod :lol:

·
Banned
733 Posts
Hope you get into more soon Tup: That is some great water behind you as well! suprised more fish werent pulled out.
Omar

1 - 20 of 27 Posts