Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, there was I yesterday. I got to Monte Square about 8:30 and should have known the day would be tough. The Shrimp Guy was unusually late and didn't arrive while I geared up and got ready to fish so no shrimp for bait. Eggs, corkies, etc and other gear for me. I started around Black Creek and ventured up to the 7400 during the day. Man, the best thing I can say is that it was a beautiful day! Couldn't ask for better. The river was running at about 900 +- at Black Creek and was quite clear. The fish were really secretive and shy if they were there at all. I threw all I had and couldn't get a touch! At the 7400 I saw 1 pretty hen caught on a jig under float by a fellow about 11:30. After working the whole area above and below until about 3:30 I decided it was time to head for the crossover. I waded around that area for awhile and was just making my "last cast" and somehow got it in front of an #8 buck that was definitely not 'B' run. Everyone I talked to had the same question, "where are the fish"? We usually have plenty of fish this time of year. I talked with a couple of fellows who had 'first water' and had drifted all day until 4:00 and 'maybe' touched 2 fish, none in the boat. Like I say: a tough day. Yesterday was just like it had been the Thursday before when we fished the river, good water, no fish. I was lucky to have my gear in the right place at the right time yesterday. I guess I'd say if you want some 'water aerobics' and exercise, go to the 'nooch but be prepared to work hard for your prize. Fishing is just good clean fun, right? I was happy to be there and just happened to be lucky at the end of the day. I'll go again, no fear! The fishin was great! Catching not so great. Maybe with some rain we'll get some more fish. Nets in from Sunday to Wednesday this week. Sunday to Thursday next week. CB

·
Registered
111 Posts
Great post & report, I too had a similar trip on Friday, but my day was cut short cause of a mysterious "Service Engine soon" light on my truck. No cell service and miles from home I decide to not risk it and head for home. Turned out to be nothing but the gas cap being a little loose :|, but what an awesome day, I did manage to get in about 4 hrs of fishing and scout new areas.

Jig’n

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
welcome and great report Tup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts