Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
w00t!!

Here's the link for explanation: Gamers Rejoice!

For those not in the know, Merriam-Webster's online poll determined that the word of the year will be w00t! Yes, those are 2 zero's in the place of O's. As a sidenote, this is called leet speak or more commonly known as 1337-5p34|< where numbers and characters are used to replace letters or where letters next to others on the keyboard are used, ie pwned, instead of owned because the "p" and "o" are next to each other on the keyboard. w00t! is usually used when a person is elated and happy about the outcome of something they were doing. Mostly used in games when one side defeats the other, good treasures are gained, or levels are gained, some people, including myself, have used it outside of a gaming context. I've heard myself say it whenever I complete the reports I need to do for the CPA. Some translate it as We Own the Other Team, or a condensed verion of "Wow, Loot!" Loot being treasures creatures drop when they are killed in some games. Either way, gaming is becoming pretty prominent in our culture and even our language is being inundated by "gamer-terms".

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
h3r3 i5 4 \/3|2y c0mp1ic473d \/3|25!0N 0f 1337-5p34|<

here is a very complicated version of leet-speak.

!7 iz 41w4y5 345!3|2 ju57 7yp!|\|g 0u7 73h d4|2n 7h!ng

It is always easier just typing out the darn thing. Yes, teh, t3h, 73h, and the are all the same.

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
I think this is a load of 5h1t. I only use the numbers to bypass the moderators.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts