Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
tinhack said:
Is there a difference between Brad's magnum warts and Storm mag warts, besides the price?
Some of the new Storm OG series mag warts and regular warts don't swim strait.. I have had good results with the B-rads standard vs New Storms and they have better colors too. Now OG Mag warts are good. But in all Ideal conditions Brads dive just as deep, effectiveness is a matter of opinion and confidence. 99% of my Mag warts are OG- Old school, with a few Brads mixed in for those hard to find colors that storm doesn't make.

Another 1 to consider is the Mag Fat fish.

I knot lots of guys that are huge wart fans, they fish them all year long over on the east side, and they are 50-50 on which is better. I would have no problem buying a Brads in the color of choice.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
The old school (original) Warts are like a religion to some guys. You should see the price they go for on Ebay.

I've personally got some of each. I've also got some Wordens Fatfish in the arsenal as well.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
I think I heard somewhere that Brads bought the original molds for the original Wiggle Warts. Not sure if thats true, though. But Brads does have a nice selection of colors and sizes.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the insight. I have seen Brads with vmc hooks. Are those a good hook, or should those be replaced as well?

·
Registered
500 Posts
No sense in replacing a hook on a plug that doesnt catch a fish. Wait till you get bit and see what happens!

If you do upgrade I suggest Gamakatsu EWG #2's Or mustads version.. that funky design is all the rage!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
cabelas had a sale on wiggle warts for 1.99 i got four for salmon and steelhead, two in hot orange and two in bright pink.

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
Fish Boy said:
cabelas had a sale on wiggle warts for 1.99 i got four for salmon and steelhead, two in hot orange and two in bright pink.
When you get a little spending cash try some FatFish the swim pretty damn true right out of the box. Once I started using those thing a couple years ago....LOOK OUT!!!!!! I watched a friend catch fish after fish before he thru one in my boat one day and since that day I have only use Warts a couple times. Tup:

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
MYSTICAL LEGENDS said:
Fish Boy said:
When you get a little spending cash try some FatFish the swim pretty damn true right out of the box. Once I started using those thing a couple years ago....LOOK OUT!!!!!! I watched a friend catch fish after fish before he thru one in my boat one day and since that day I have only use Warts a couple times. Tup:
i have a couple green pirate and blue pirate ones for steelheading and for some reason i just dont like the way they fish. i may have to try them for salmon though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts