Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few hours have passed since Admiral Fallon announced his resignation.

Why are you not talking about this.

Is it because he disagreed with the Beloved One and you don't want to talk about it.

Hell you were all over the NY guy why not the Admiral???????????????

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
We are all over the NY guy (Gov Spitzer) because it is an interesting story, Divider's insistence that it is only the Repubs that do stupid things, and due to the obvious hypocrisy of the situation. Sptizer, the top man entrusted with upholding the law in NY gets caught frequenting call girls and in his case, since he had at least one travel from DC to NY by train across state lines, that makes it a federal crime.

Fallon, it sounds like to me, had disagreements with a lot of people, not just Pres. Bush, (we refer to him with his respectful title over here SJ, no matter what our opinion of him is, I notice you don't refer to the Queen Mother as the "Royal Cow") and he chose to resign. Fallon has said that he does have some differences of opinion with others like Gen Patreus, but they have been blown out of proportion and have become a distraction. Judging from his photo, he is not a young man and he's probably getting a little tired. As for his opinion on the Bush Admin's Iran policy, specifically the threat to take out Iran's nuclear operation, I don't see the big deal. This admin only has about 9 months left and they aren't gonna attack Iran, however, the threat should not be taken off the table.

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Royal Cow will be turning in her grave because of what you said DBA. :lol:

The old lass has been dead for many a year.

I only call George the Beloved One because you Righties think he can do no wrong.

The NY guy was crazy, he had a good job and could well have been a future President, he gave it all up for lust. Yes I am following the case and expect him to go today (Wednesday) and by the time he gets to court he will just get a slap on the wrist. Money talks in justice, both sides of the Atlantic.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
DBAppraiser said:
I find it ironic that a guy who as attorney general probably busted numerous prostitution rings gets caught in one himself. I guess it's the "I'm too smart to get caught syndrome".
No, it is the "I'm just a big fat hypocrite syndrome"

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
Hell I just don't understand the uproar about a guy who was just doing the undercover workup for another sex ring bust. wink: Jfk sampled Marilyn Monroe and the media didn't touch it until after the fact. Ike had his paramour and it too was off limits until his demise. Oh, That's true, the media did have some judgement and class in those days.

So the Admiral doesn't agree with the White House. Bid deal, meglomaniac Mc Arthur didn't agree with Truman either and look what it got him. In this country the military serves the civil authorities. (most of the time)

DBA are you big and fat? Or is that just an tag you gotta wear cause you irritated a liberal?

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
DBA are you big and fat? Or is that just an tag you gotta wear cause you irritated a liberal?
Lets just say I am somewhere between a Fullback and an Offensive tackle when it comes to weight. However, I do have my Weight Watchers meeting this morning and if all goes well I should be a little lighter than least week.Me and the Dutchess Fergie are hanging out together.

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
sir john said:
A few hours have passed since Admiral Fallon announced his resignation.

Why are you not talking about this.

Is it because he disagreed with the Beloved One and you don't want to talk about it.

Hell you were all over the NY guy why not the Admiral???????????????
Good grief SJ, the guy's been on the job for 41 years. He wants to retire and collect his pay before the US goes completely bankrupt.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Speaking of old cows, stray bulls and young heifers...

The Secret Double Life of Spitzer's Alleged Hooker Booker

HO-LANDER? 'Tania' from MySpace, Tanya from media reports (right)

Tanya Hollander, the woman charged with arranging prostitutes for the Emperor's Club VIP, appears to have been leading a secret double life as both a hippie-ish holistic healer and a power broker's madam.

Tanya, as the media has been spelling her name, is alleged to have booked girls for New York Governor-for-the-moment Eliot Spitzer. Meanwhile, Tania, an alias listed in charges unsealed by the U.S. Attorney's office on March 6, appears to have maintained an extensive "health counseling" website (now taken down but cached here) and a MySpace page (last login February 8), where she describes herself as "a grounded, creative, adventurous, and wise spirit," a practitioner of holistic healing in the Manhattan and Hudson Valley area who is "known to get lost in health food stores and wander for several hours."

Also, she's into "tribal fusion bellydance."

MySpace Tania, 36, of Rhinebeck, New York, bears a remarkable physical resemblance to the busted Tanya (also said to be 36 and hailing from Rhinebeck) shown in newspapers (and a pretty strong resemblance to to Alanis Morissette, while we're at it). Though the vital stats, names, and looks match up, Tania comes off as the woman least likely to schedule gloveless love for the New York gov.

Her heroes are "women who successfully walk the line of being strong, self-assured and sensual." Tania is employed in the lucrative field of "helping people to find balance & inspiration in their lives through dietary & lifestyle changes. I love working with performing singers who have health issues that get in the way of peak performance. I also help people address mood disorders without drugs." In her spare time, she enjoys the music of the Pixies, dead songwriter Jeff Buckley, Beck, Led Zepplin [sic], and, naturally, Tori Amos, favorite films Dead Poets Society and the Lord of the Rings trilogy (Risky Business isn't on her list, but Vanilla Sky is), and "the ritual of drinking loose tea from a beautiful teapot."

This crunchiest of ladyhealers is looking to meet "creative types who are spiritually evolved," potential business partners in a health food or music store, and "songwriters to collaborate with."

Her last blog entry is from February 7, 2006, and in it she describes a retreat she's just finished, at which she's learned how to determine a person's life story from their facial symmetry, something she refers to as "Oriental visual diagnosis and energetic diagnosis." "Did you know that if you have plastic surgery, the energy to your organs will change?" she asks. In her only other post, she rails against yogurt promising better digestion and other wonder foods.

MySpace messages sent to Tania Hollander seeking clarification on her identity were not answered, and phone messages left at the number on her cached website were not returned.

I hope we don't find Fallon on Tania Ho-lander's list with No. 9.
The poor guy would probably end up as an advisor for BO or HRC. :eek:

·
Registered
15,119 Posts
So she was leading a double life. clap:

One as a butt ugly lying hypocritical biotch selling a service that destroys marriages, livelihoods and spreads immorality. And another life as a butt ugly lying hypocritical biotch selling services as a health counselor and practitioner of holistic healing. clown:

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
fishinfoolz said:
So she was leading a double life. clap:

One as a butt ugly lying hypocritical biotch selling a service that destroys marriages, livelihoods and spreads immorality. And another life as a butt ugly lying hypocritical biotch selling services as a health counselor and practitioner of holistic healing. clown:
Told ya he hates women. Especially ones that don't conform to his "ideal" and he will call them every name in the book at a minimum, just for some emotional satisfaction.

Poor dysfunctional FF. :lol:

·
Registered
15,119 Posts
Sorry Fs you're showing your stupidity again.

The butt ugly biotch is a hypocrite. I don't hate women. That's stupid. I hate butt ugly hypocrite women.. :D :mrgreen:

I told you you couldn't ignore my posts... clap:

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
I apologize for this distraction from the Hookas but, at risk of derailing this thread, will post the following about the Fallon resignation.

You all remember Fallon dont you? He's the guy who was in command in the middle east. You Know! General Petraeus' boss!

William Fallon was born on Dec 30, 1944 making him 63. He exceeded the mandatory retirement age of 62 over a year ago and in reality could only have served until he’s 64 next December.

Esquire magazine (a beacon of factual and honest information) recently portrayed Fallon as somewhat of a thorn in military policy concerning Iraq. For the last couple of weeks there has been speculation that if we see Fallon resigning for any reason - then the real reason is that - Bush is preparing plans to go into Iran or strike them in a major way.

My guess is that he is in complete cooperation with US strategy in the Iran situation... Acting to keep the nut jobs over there in suspense.

Here is the story:

Navy Adm. William Fallon, the head of U.S. Central Command, which leads U.S. operations in Iraq and Afghanistan, is stepping down, Defense Secretary Robert Gates announced Tuesday.

Fallon claimed ongoing misperceptions about differences between his ideas and U.S. policy are making it too difficult for him to operate, Gates said, agreeing. He added that the differences are not extreme, but the misperception had become too great.

"I believe it was the right thing to do, even though I do not believe there are, in fact, significant differences between his views and administration policy," Gates said at a Pentagon news conference, noting that he accepted the request to retire with "reluctance and regret."

"I don't know whether he was misinterpreted or whether people attributed views to him that were not his views, but clearly there was a concern," Gates said.

The misperceptions relate to an article published last week in Esquire magazine that portrayed Fallon as opposed to President Bush's Iran policy. It described Fallon as a lone voice against taking military action to stop the Iranian nuclear program.

In a statement distributed by Centcom headquarters in Tampa, Fla., Fallon said he requested permission to step down because the article showed disrespect toward the president and caused embarrassment and distractions that were the result of misrepresentations of his views of Centcom missions.

"Recent press reports suggesting a disconnect between my views and the president's policy objectives have become a distraction at a critical time and hamper efforts in the Centcom region. And although I don't believe there have ever been any differences about the objectives of our policy in the Central Command area of responsibility, the simple perception that there is makes it difficult for me to effectively serve America's interests there," Fallon said.

"I have therefore concluded that it would be best to step aside and allow the secretary and our military leaders to move beyond this distraction and focus on the achievement of our strategic objectives in the region," he continued.

In a statement issued by the White House, Bush said Fallon "has served his country with honor, determination and commitment."

"During his tenure at Centcom, Admiral Fallon's job has been to help ensure that America's military forces are ready to meet the threats of an often troubled region of the world, and he deserves considerable credit for progress that has been made there, especially in Iraq and Afghanistan," Bush said.
See the U.S. Department of Defense News Briefing

Meanwhile! Eliot Spitzer resigns in disgrace!

I'm so sorry Eliot! Please! Let me console you! :roll:

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
If Spitzer was payin' 5 grand a 'pop' :shock: for Tania... he's got more problems than just bein' a hypocrite! :? :D :D

Ya gotta love how extremist right-wing robots so rabidly turn on their own. Admiral Fallon served his country with distinction... and just because he openly disagrees with Bushco's "Attack Iran" policy... he's a washed-up old warhorse who's outlived his usefulness? conf:

Typical... :cool:

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Not that I know from firsthand experience but $5500 per hour tends to buy more than just "companionship". I wonder just what kind of kinks the Governor was involved in.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts