Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
I really hope that Jr isn't on the list. It appears that baseball mgmt is ready to crack down but the players union won't go along with anything that would affect its membership.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
From the looks of the list it appears that the commission only went after the "low hanging fruit" on the performance enhancing drugs tree. They grabbed a couple of big washed up names but didn't really peel back the onion in order to catch them all. It looks like they hope that throwing a bunch of lesser types under the roids bus that it will scare the rest of the players into getting clean. Hopefully in a couple of years we'll see players that look like baseball players a generation ago rather than bulked up hulks that barely look human. I think we'll see a lot fewer guys "wristing" ball out of the park.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Basically the players listed were dumb enough to write checks for the 'roids. They had the checks as proof. Some players admitted to using them,and others were "ratted" out by players or personel that saw them. The majority of them were discovered by the check thing though.

The list is by no means inclusive.

Some players and baseball personel figured that at one point up to 70% of the leauge was juiced. IMO that numbers pretty high,but I wasn't in the locker room every day.

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
They should all be banned from the sport and have their records erased. I was thinking back to the players of my childhood. Can you image if guys like Steve Garvy, Reggie Jackson, Catfish Hunter, Nolan Ryan were on roids.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wolverine said:
From the looks of the list it appears that the commission only went after the "low hanging fruit" on the performance enhancing drugs tree. They grabbed a couple of big washed up names but didn't really peel back the onion in order to catch them all. It looks like they hope that throwing a bunch of lesser types under the roids bus that it will scare the rest of the players into getting clean. Hopefully in a couple of years we'll see players that look like baseball players a generation ago rather than bulked up hulks that barely look human. I think we'll see a lot fewer guys "wristing" ball out of the park.
Wolverine.....you really hit the nail on the head. That's exaclty what I was thinking.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Fluffhead said:
They should all be banned from the sport and have their records erased. I was thinking back to the players of my childhood. Can you image if guys like Steve Garvy, Reggie Jackson, Catfish Hunter, Nolan Ryan were on roids.
I agree!

Anyone on that list should be banned and Records erased. Cheaters and greedy!

So much for talent and hard work.

MLB has a double standard. Drugs are ok, just dont bet on baseball!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Union will block any punishment. If you ever been in a union you know what I'm talking about. Plus Bud Selig is a a piece of crap. had the report for 2 days and says he hasn't read it at the news conference. What if baseball had Roger Godell. Bud Selig has known about players being juiced for years. He's an owner and should be out as the head of baseball. Do you take clemens cy youngs away?

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Bud is a Dud but one reason that Roger Godell is able to run such a tight ship over at the NFL is because the NFLPA is much weaker than the MLBPA. MLBPA has fought tooth and nail against any and all drug testing in the past. As for the records, my idea would be that the last 15 years should be called the "drug enhanced era" and every record broken in that time period is viewed as having been accomplished with the aid of performance enhancing drugs because there is no way to effectively determine who was juicing and who wasn't.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.