Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the 1920's our local Dairy has spread Liquid Cow Manure in the fields to fertilize their Pasture Land. Also had a large open air pile of Corn Silage out rotting in their back 40. (Feed for the Herd in the Winter Months).
That is until the wind changed and the Rich Folks in their new Fancy Homes up on the hill, got a whiff of the Good Old Dairy Air. It seems that the City Fathers got the Zoning changed, stating the manure was polluting the local stream and all the Cows were stampeded off into Eastern Washington.
I sure do miss the Sweet Old Smell that would fill up the Valley Floor when the fog rolled in!

Smell the Derrier.JPG

You Tell Them Bossy.JPG
Love is in the Air.JPG

·
Registered
364 Posts
I worked at a dairy farm when I was in my late teens early 20's. The owner used to say "Smell that? Smells like money!"

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I worked at a dairy farm when I was in my late teens early 20's. The owner used to say "Smell that? Smells like money!"
[QUOTE="coach, ]
[/QUOTE]

Wonder if the smell inside these Cow Barns, will instantly clear your sinus's as you come in the door.
Can you imagine the cleanup that lasts for 6 months in the winter with these "Cooped Up Cows."
" TRAPPER "

1 - 4 of 4 Posts