Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you for writing Governor Gregoire with your concerns regarding commercial gillnetting on salmon and steelhead in the Columbia River.

As you know, the issue to which you refer is under independent jurisdiction of the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW), which is overseen by the Washington Fish and Wildlife Commission. Accordingly, and in view of your strong interest in this issue, I have forwarded your comments to WDFW and the Commission at the Governor's request urging them to consider your concerns in their decision-making process. If you wish to be in direct touch with WDFW or the Commission, please visit http://www.wdfw.wa.gov to choose the most relevant contact information.

Governor Gregoire certainly appreciates the contribution sports fishing makes to our state's economy and heritage, and appreciates being advised of your concerns. Thanks, again, for contacting the Governor about this important matter.

Sincerely,

Gary Fugere
Constituent Services Manager
Christine O. Gregoire
Governor

cc: Jerry Gutzwiler, Chair, Washington Fish and Wildlife Commission
Jeffrey Koenings, Director, Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
Tillerdemon said:
Thank you for writing Governor Gregoire with your concerns regarding commercial gillnetting on salmon and steelhead in the Columbia River.

As you know, the issue to which you refer is under independent jurisdiction of the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW), which is overseen by the Washington Fish and Wildlife Commission. Accordingly, and in view of your strong interest in this issue, I have forwarded your comments to WDFW and the Commission at the Governor's request urging them to consider your concerns in their decision-making process. If you wish to be in direct touch with WDFW or the Commission, please visit http://www.wdfw.wa.gov to choose the most relevant contact information.

Governor Gregoire certainly appreciates the contribution sports fishing makes to our state's economy and heritage, and appreciates being advised of your concerns. Thanks, again, for contacting the Governor about this important matter.

Sincerely,

Gary Fugere
Constituent Services Manager
Christine O. Gregoire
Governor

cc: Jerry Gutzwiler, Chair, Washington Fish and Wildlife Commission
Jeffrey Koenings, Director, Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Nothin like passin the buck.

·
Registered
869 Posts
And just so everyone knows If she needs CPR.. I will be leaving that in the trusting hands of the states Health Dept. I hope They are close when she goes down! I must thank her for her input on this matter. NOT.....

OOOOOOHH!!! I Said "she goes down" OOOOOOH theres a visual I didn't need!!!

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Yes, I got the same one...at least it was cc'd to the WDFW and Commission from her office...so if you sent one there, it doubles the amount they get...

·
Premium Member
3,754 Posts
yep, got it today, passed that buck right off, she don't care. I hate to think about it but I truly believe that the only way we are gonna be heard and something done about it is if we stop buying license and tackle and bait, when the big businesses start losing all that money, somebody's gonna listen, but it will take everyone to do it and make it stick. I know it sounds drastic, but drastic measures is what it will take. You can bet when Joes and O.E. and Sportco and WalMart and Northriver and Bayliner and all the rest start losing millions of dollars, thats not even counting the state's revenue from license sales and gas company's that fill our boats with go juice, somebody is gonna start thinkin.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I received it as well. Does anyone remember the original post that had the letter attached. As well can anyone tell me how the commission is appointed?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
37 Posts
wink: i've been thinking along the same lines as i 8. if we could get enough hunters and fisherman to collectively put off buying our new licenses for 30-60 days, maybe that we would get someones attention

·
Registered
121 Posts
I also got the same reply from the Govenors Constituent Serivces Manger (passing the buck is exactly how I interpeted the reply "under independant jurisdiction ...WDFW, overseen by WFW Commission"). I also wrote WDFW & ODFW, they both replied within one day to my letters!

RiverFishin said:
Yes, I got the same one...at least it was cc'd to the WDFW and Commission from her office...so if you sent one there, it doubles the amount they get...
It's my assumption that my/our letters to our Governor were collected into a holding file, possibly until after the deadline for public comment (I know that's not "optimistic" ...). The reply I got indicated that WDFW & WFW Commissions (Jerry Koenings & Jerry Gutzwiller) were cc'd probably yesterday the 29th when my reply was sent around 4:30pm - aka too late for review by the commission if you did not send letters prior to the deadline for public comment.

Guppy trainer said:
And just so everyone knows If she needs CPR.. I will be leaving that in the trusting hands of the states Health Dept.
clap: clap: clap: clap:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts