Game Fishing Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
GURU said:
netboy said:
I have a few Shimano Symetere and I have been real happy with them. I think they are typically $80.
I second The Symetre, that is a sweet reel for a great price
I also have been very happy with this reel.....

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Powder that Shimano Stradic ST4000FI is a great reel dang how u getting it for $170 bucks thats 100 bucks off what all the other stores sells them for any hints how i can 100 bucks off one lol Tup:

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
john s said:
Powder that Shimano Stradic ST4000FI is a great reel dang how u getting it for $170 bucks thats 100 bucks off what all the other stores sells them for any hints how i can 100 bucks off one lol Tup:
I've checked 2 stores and it's the same price at both. :?

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
The old Stradics with their white finish are being discontinued. They are being upgraded and placed in a higher price point and they look different. More gold plating. They are being replaced by the Saros in that price point range. Not so sure about the Saros. I think I'd rather have the old stradics than the Saros.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Thanks for all the information. After checking them all out. I am going with the new Saro's 3000. Seems like a great reel for just over a C-note at Sportco. Tup:

·
Registered
91 Posts
I picked up a Incyte at the beginning of the summer and I love the damn thing. 11 ball bearings and a nice drag system hard to beat for the price I think $49 at sportsmans. Handled things fine for me this year and is still going strong. :D

·
Registered
481 Posts
I love my 4000 Symetre's. Yes, they work in the salty brine just fine if you fresh water rinse them.

FYI, I just bought an Okuma Salina reel for $75. Has Aluminum frame/rotor/spool, big fat handle for my petite fingers. The DFD "dual force drag" seems bullet proof. Has drag washers on top and below the spool. Although it's only a 5 bearing reel, it's very smooth.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I had the same question not long ago, i went out and bought an okuma reel and pole. Works really well caught my first coho on it the second time of using it. I bought both for less then 70 bucks at OE.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
My next spinning reel will be a US Reels 230SX. Their wide spool design makes a lot of sense for casting and large braking discs. Add to that the light weight and I'm sold.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts