Game Fishing Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Administrator
13,978 Posts
Jealous!! :)

I was hoping to get out for tuna this year, but doesn't look like that's going to happen.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Old is how I feel lately...Still checking in every now and then.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Uncle Bubba, Glad to hear I'm not the only on feeling that way. Nice to have you checking in instead of "Checking Out".
Besides, isn't time for you to be hitting the Beach for Humpies over on Kayak Point? Pink and White Dick Nites on lite tackle should do the trick!
" TRAPPER "

"I've learned that life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes." Andy Rooney
Forehead Nose Cheek Skin Lip

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Howdy fellers!!! Been years since I’ve signed in. I’ve had the fishing bug as of late

·
Registered
778 Posts
Howdy fellers!!! Been years since I’ve signed in. I’ve had the fishing bug as of late
Welcome back Aaron, been sometime since we have seen you and Crop Duster around sharing your fishing wisdom with us.
You still up North of us? I hope you aren't having to still make that run down South to Enumclaw with the gas prices heading up. I bet you will be chasing Pinks over on the Sky while we wait for those Steelhead to show? Let us know how you Folks do on the rivers up North, we have been seeing a few Silvers showing, down here on the Puyallup. " TRAPPER "

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have been off of this forum for years. Way back when Bubba. Dr hook . Mystical legends .cowlitsfisherman. and salmon finder were on here. I was codliveroil
Phil Stephens RIP.

I happen to see the post about old timers that mentioned Phil and Mystical Legends Guide Service. Sorry to report Phil lost his epic battle with cancer and passed away a couple of weeks ago almost 10 years to the day since he was first diagnosed. He was a great guy and the best fisherman I have ever met. I first met Phil about 18 yrs ago on the Humptulips River. A buddy and I were drifting for fall coho and chinook and had a rough day with only a couple of fish when we ran into Phil in his drift boat with two clients just above Reynvanns. He was anchored up in shallow water on the inside of bend on a gravel bar. We set up 100 yrds above him along a deep slot and threw spinners. About 10 minutes later Phil’s guys hooked two fish and he yelled up to us asking if we needed a fish. We pulled the hook drifted down and took one of the rods and played the fish to shore from the bank. They were done with limits. He suggested we set up where he was as the river was rising and the fish were cutting the corners and not holding in the deep water. Sure enough he drifted on down, we set up where he was and got our last fish with 15 minutes. We got his number at the take out and it started a wonderful friendship. My wife keeps a daily journal and she counted that I fished with Phil 127 times in 18 yrs. I drove his rig and him home a couple of times when he got too sick to fish on his medication and watched his girls grow up. He wasn’t an easy guy to fish with if you were an experienced fisherman, he demanded excellence. He would get that gruppy Phil look if you crackered off a fish. However, through the years I booked trips with him for totally inexperienced people and they all reported how nice and thoughtful he was. I’ll miss you buddy, gets those outboards warmed up and the rods baited as I am not far behind you and look forward to another perfect day on the water.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Phil Stephens RIP.
Phil and Mystical Legends Guide Service. Sorry to report Phil lost his epic battle with cancer and passed away a couple of weeks ago almost 10 years to the day since he was first diagnosed. He was a great guy and the best fisherman I have ever met.

Water Sleeve Boat Outdoor recreation Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies

Thanks jajfish, for posting about Phil.

Water Plant Fisherman Fish Tree

Fisherman Fish Water Salmon-like fish Recreational fishing

We surely miss those who taught us the ropes in years past, (when it comes to seeing Sliver up on the bank.)
May we continue their Legacy by showing the same Professionalism, as we encourage other Fishermen learning our favorite sport. " TRAPPER "

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I saw the news of Phil’s passing on another fishing forum, but I remember him well on Gamefishin’. At first I had thought I had never met Phil in person, but now that I think about it, I think I met him at one of the “Chum-a-thons” or another Gamefishin’ event.

He was always willing to share info and advise. I really appreciated him answering my questions, whether by PM or phone call. Fishing was his passion, not just his job, and he loved to share that passion with others. He was one of the good ones and will be missed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Uncle Bubba, Glad to hear I'm not the only on feeling that way. Nice to have you checking in instead of "Checking Out".
Besides, isn't time for you to be hitting the Beach for Humpies over on Kayak Point? Pink and White Dick Nites on lite tackle should do the trick!
" TRAPPER "

"I've learned that life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes." Andy Rooney
View attachment 43229
Yes. much rather be checking in....A lot of water under the bridge since the Kayak Point days although they were fun. My job took me to the east side of the state for a few years before it brought me back and I landed much further south than where lived before... in the Lake Tapps area now. Closer to the south sound rivers and peninsula bounties. Just have to make time to get out more often. Glad to see some of the crew still around...The days of The Dr. and Keith....Chump Fishing still make me smile.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts