Game Fishing Forum banner
21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Hey, everyone! Just thought I’d chime in and say hello. I joined in 05.

Interestingly, I wasn’t affected by the change so my screen name is still islandbass.

I remember all of you, and I miss Bubba. He came all the way from Olympia to help me when I had a roof problem and he didn’t know me from Adam. I’ll never forget that.

Thanks to everyone here, I learned how to catch salmon. Who knew.

Bruce, I hope you’re doing well. I still have the gamefishin’ rod I won by a random draw. I also remember picking it up from you, and I can still taste the black licorice, lol.

I just caught this bass a few hours ago. Fish on, my fellow gamefishers!

·
Registered
784 Posts
Hey, everyone! Just thought I’d chime in and say hello. I joined in 05.

Interestingly, I wasn’t affected by the change so my screen name is still islandbass.

I remember all of you, and I miss Bubba. He came all the way from Olympia to help me when I had a roof problem and he didn’t know me from Adam. I’ll never forget that.

Thanks to everyone here, I learned how to catch salmon. Who knew.

Bruce, I hope you’re doing well. I still have the gamefishin’ rod I won by a random draw. I also remember picking it up from you, and I can still taste the black licorice, lol.

I just caught this bass a few hours ago. Fish on, my fellow gamefishers!

View attachment 43175
Hi islandbass, Nice looking Bass, I'll bet you paid in sweat to catch it.in this weather. Never thought I would say it was too hot to fish here in Western Wa. Stay cool and good to hear you chime in again. " TRAPPER "

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Hi islandbass, Nice looking Bass, I'll bet you paid in sweat to catch it.in this weather. Never thought I would say it was too hot to fish here in Western Wa. Stay cool and good to hear you chime in again. " TRAPPER "
Thanks. I plan to write a report about it as the heat was pretty brutal. One line I penned so far is this - “I was sweating like a pig fishing Saturday evening but I certainly didn’t mind when I met up with a purty hawg,” lol.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Nice fish !

Heck, the warm water fishers know how the Bears run thru the Buckwheat For sure. They just start Nite fishing when the heat goes up !

Congrats

Now where did I stash my Hula poppers, Arbogasters, and Baby Duck lures Again ???

·
Registered
303 Posts
Oh , Huh When I re registered , it wouldnt let me have my old name back , But at some point the site became kinda wierd because of trolls , but I think we are all past that now , just ignore them ,
You can't say you don't miss ODH.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I just decided to check in. it's been a long while for me
Tommignon, Good to hear from you again. Have you caught any bigger Fish than the last one you posted?

We too used to have lots of fun catching Shiner Perch off the Des Moines Pier using a Size #22 Hook on 1 LB Test Line (they actually had a sweet flavor when we pulled them out of the Frying Pan)
" TRAPPER "

·
Registered
258 Posts
I joined the forum back in 2006, had some great people on the site, helped me buy a boat, helped with motor and electrical issues, pistol purchases, fishing hot spots, etc..I remember the fun we all had at Minter Creek and the old 3 hour raffles that Bubba put on at the Nisqually.. good to be back on the site... time for Kings!!!

·
Registered
784 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
im still here, just dont post, good to see you are still doing good Bruce, and the rest of you guys...

i originally joined in 2008, but, well, anyways...

hope you all are well...

·
Administrator
13,980 Posts
Thank you Evo! Good to see you posting, I hope you are in good health and enjoying life!

21 - 40 of 60 Posts