Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been off of this forum for years. Way back when Bubba. Dr hook . Mystical legends .cowlitsfisherman. and salmon finder were on here. I was codliveroil

·
Registered
784 Posts
Welcome back codliveroil, I also was "Trapper" before the flood washed everyone away.
Dr. Hook is still posting here regular as are a few others.(Ahhh for the good old days again.)
Have you been chasing any bears around Longbranch lately?
I'm hoping to chase a few Pinks when they arrive this year and put up a few skeins of eggs for later.
I'm also looking forward to trying out your Dad's Pickled Salmon recipe....
(3/4 tablespoon Pickling spice, 2/3 Cup vinegar, 1/3 Cup water for about a gallon, Heavy salt the fish for 3 days , Rinse and pack with onions and ingredients.)

Good to hear from you again Cod, let us know what you have been up to lately. " TRAPPER "

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh Well got myself into a really super good real estate deal , that has a pay off , but has been a lengthy pain in the ass , I just have to stay at it , All in all a few fishing trips , but Missed a couple record Silver years on the cow , But I hope to have some time here soon , when this Building is done , Then went back to martial arts , 6 Years at Judo , So Thats Amazing I dropped Gamefishin and started judo , and its been that much time , well 8 years or so , However , I have heard the Pink and silver run is supposed to be good this year , I hope on the Cow , I have a Girlfriend that likes to fish , Then theres the Nisqually Kings , and chehalis Silvers , and Summer steel on the cow , Im Hoping to make a good year of it , Did you change your name ? Because , I see your from 2018. I was on here 2004 up to 2015 ,

·
Registered
784 Posts
, Did you change your name ? Because , I see your from 2018. I was on here 2004 up to 2015 ,
Yeah, when the Forum was rebooted a lot of us got lost in the shuffle and had to start posting under a different Username. I used to be....
TRAPPER
Registered
Joined Apr 24, 2003

Boy, a Girlfriend that likes to fish? Well that will be a nice change from only fishing with the "Old Crowd." ;)
" TRAPPER "

Water Sky Vertebrate Nature Tree

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh , Huh When I re registered , it wouldnt let me have my old name back , But at some point the site became kinda wierd because of trolls , but I think we are all past that now , just ignore them ,

·
Registered
784 Posts
Cod, I'm sure you heard Bubba passed away back in 2013.
A great guy that did a lot to get us Old Gamefisher's off their keyboards and out on to the water. Mineral Lake, Lingfest, Christmas parties, Rufus trips , and Nisqually clinics, were all planned by Bubba. R.I.P.

We lost another popular guy just six months ago, Captain Downriggin.

upload_2020-9-17_12-7-58.png

"We dug deep and were able to get the good Captain Downriggin',(John Abbott) to do the meeting for us on short notice". Captain Downriggin has always been a huge crowd favorite at Sno-King. John has been working on some of the best hootchy and bucktail fly rigs to increase your salmon catching ratio. If you know John, you know he is one of the best Salmon and Blackmouth fishermen in the Puget Sound and can produce when others cannot. These are the times when his knowledge really works. If you have ever bought any of his gear and used it, you know he knows his stuff."

John is a salmon tackle pioneer and was the first to paint spoons both UV and glow, which now has become an industry standard producer for our local fisheries.
Captain Downriggin you will be missed, thanks for the memories.

salmon finder, I haven't seen him in around for about 7 years now, same with cowlitzfisherman he disappeared around the same time "River Jim" did.
I believe it was back in 2015.

Mystical legends Guide Service is going strong the last time I checked.

Banned
Joined Jul 29, 2008
8,056 Posts
Last seen on Apr 1, 2014

" TRAPPER "

·
Administrator
13,980 Posts
I took a social media moratorium for several years to fight cancer. I'm still on the right side of the dirt! I'll know in June if I'm winning the battle, but I'm optimistic and feeling good!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Best of luck there Dr Hook, And yes I remember Bubba , He let me use his lamiglass , One day ,Just to show me how it was to fish with a nice rod , I still Know Josh/ Salmon finder , I rented my upstairs to him , for a year or so , then He graduated from Truck driving school , I see hi8m around town , then , Tony the guy that holds his fish upside down , I know him , Because he and His relatives run a Cabinet shop , and Im in construction ,

·
Registered
365 Posts
Welcome back codliveroil, I also was "Trapper" before the flood washed everyone away.
Dr. Hook is still posting here regular as are a few others.(Ahhh for the good old days again.)
Have you been chasing any bears around Longbranch lately?
I'm hoping to chase a few Pinks when they arrive this year and put up a few skeins of eggs for later.
I'm also looking forward to trying out your Dad's Pickled Salmon recipe....
(3/4 tablespoon Pickling spice, 2/3 Cup vinegar, 1/3 Cup water for about a gallon, Heavy salt the fish for 3 days , Rinse and pack with onions and ingredients.)

Good to hear from you again Cod, let us know what you have been up to lately. " TRAPPER "
Speaking of Bears - They are coming outta the dens as we type ! At least here locally, they are.

Unfortunately I hit a big male Black Bear yesterday as I was heading out for some late morning fishing. Called the WDFW folks and had them out to help determine if we had a Bear hurt, and holed up near a couple of nearby neighbors. Nothing was found, no blood and no bear, so we think he’s tuffer than shirt, or my truck, and hopefully headed back up the gorge...

·
Registered
784 Posts
Dr. Hook, Glad to hear you are feeling better....you are looking good!
Any day we can be catching fish instead of swimming with them is a good day.
Keep us updated and we will be praying for a good report come June.
." TRAPPER "
Water Underwater Organism Fish Marine biology

·
Registered
365 Posts
Ya, we are fine. Fortunately I was heading uphill with boat and trailer in tow, so we were going pretty slow when this huge boar comes flying across the road like a quarter horse !!! Between hitting the brakes, and moving hard to the right, we managed to have a less than full up collision. Trucks ok other than ripping the license plate off the font bumper, and losing the mounting bracket. The big guy just kept on rolling like nothing happened ! The game guys and I tracked him for a bit, but no blood, poop, or bile, so we’re pretty sure he kept right heading up into the Green River Gorge.

I was very lucky this time...

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
Some of us still take a peek in here once in a great while.

Reactions: Dr Hook

·
Registered
784 Posts
Good to see your still riding the waves Steve, has your Bayliner gotten any prettier now that she's picked up a few Barnacles ? Or are you like me, just starting to drag a little and can't blame it on the Barnacles" TRAPPER "

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
With luck, I'll be back in the game this year also. Be safe all!

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
Good to see your still riding the waves Steve, has your Bayliner gotten any prettier now that she's picked up a few Barnacles ? Or are you like me, just starting to drag a little and can't blame it on the Barnacles" TRAPPER "

View attachment 43113
HA!!! The Ugly Bayliner hasn’t seen water in about 6 years, went to wake it up last year and it was locked up - cylinder 1 was rusted and pitted. Found a used 4.3l to replace the 2.3l and it’s going in soon and will get wet this summer, so look out!!

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Wow, Bruce is back. Stay well, Bud. I sort of dread checking in here. Last time I did, found out that Glockdawg had passed. Good to see a few familiar names still kicking.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Still here. Just live in the "other" Washington these days. Log in every now and then, and I'm happy to see the forum alive.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Still here. Just live in the "other" Washington these days. Log in every now and then, and I'm happy to see the forum alive.
Any good Fishing in the "Other Washington"?
I hope the temperature there isn't as hot as in those States that are allowing unlimited catches before the fish die.
" TRAPPER "

1 - 20 of 60 Posts