Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don’t remember where I got this or what it’s called, but this is one of my favorite show off dishes when we have guests.

Steak—Really good steak-- like rib steak cut at least an inch and a half thick (no bone)

A head of Garlic

Dijon Mustard

Parmesan Cheese

Olive oil

Salt and fresh ground pepper

Cut the pointy end off the head of garlic so you can just start to see the cloves. Put about a teaspoon of olive oil on it a pinch of salt. If you have a garlic roaster great if not wrap it up in some tin foil and bake it an hour @ 350.

While the garlic is roasting take the steak put a little olive oil and salt and pepper on it. In a cast iron skillet that is really-really hot. I mean really hot. Sear the steaks on both sides just long enough to seal in the juices. (turn on the exhaust fan) Then set the steaks aside, cover with foil and let rest.

When the garlic is cooled enough to work with, pop them out of their skins and mash them into a paste. Then take about four tablespoons of Dijon mustard and mix it all together. Then spread a layer of the Dijon/Garlic over the top of the steak.

Then pile on the Parmesan--- a big heaping pile (one steak can easily take a cup or more)

Pop the steaks into a 400 degree oven until the cheese turns a nice golden color.

This will give you a Med. Rare. If done right. The thinner the steak the donner it gets.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This will be the first post (for Now) in the beef portion of the cook book, Now that Dragon person has got it all moved over, I'll start splitting up into different sections. Until Sir Bruce signs me up with the power I'll just start making the sections.

Does anyone want to start "HOG WILD"

Remember you might start the thread but I'm thinkin as the older posts get moved out of the cook book and into the thread the older post will go to the top

·
Premium Member
32,972 Posts
T-rex said:
Now that Dragon person has got it all moved over, I'll start splitting up into different sections. Until Sir Bruce signs me up with the power I'll just start making the section's.
That was just what I was planing on doing. Now that I have doubled the number of recipes in the recipe book. I was just waiting until the sticky function was working before I got started moving them. As you can see I already made a Smoked Salmon recipe book.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"As you can see I already made a Smoked Salmon recipe book"
But it's gotta get sticky? We can't be bumping them all the time.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bbqsmoker101 said:
Is anyone going to start a thread for wild game????? As in Beaver, ****, Pheasant, Quail, Oppusium, Fruit bat etc, etc
If you got one start it. Good thread title would be "Wild thing". There are several game recipes in the book now that could be transfered into it.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Title: Beaver Tail
Categories: Meats
Yield: 1 servings

1 Beaver tail

Roast beaver tail over campfire, cut it open and pull the skin off. (This
makes a very rich meat.)

:source: Yukon Cookbook Tup: "TRAPPER"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts