Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to where everyone will be launching tomorrow for the gamefishin derby.

I kindof wanted to do it at the pt as that's where the weigh in is, but the mess may force me elsewhere. Only problem is that Redondo doesn't even have their docks out yet.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I just called the boat house. All 3 of the old ramps will be open for tomorrow. May not be as bad previously expected. Fish on Lip Ripper

·
Registered
875 Posts
W'ell be launching at pt. defiance also. Question though.....do the fish have to be fin clipped or not????

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was getting a little worried about the lines.

Then I remembered that most of us know what we are doing, so things should probably go pretty smoothly. I don't think we're going to be competing with recreational boaters that do everything wrong at the launch.

Although, its my first time out this year. Note to self.....drain plug....

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
We'll be launching at Pt. Defiance, but it will be with my wife and two kids. So we are going to put in after the big rush in the morning and hope for patience from others as I run my fat butt up the hill to get the trailer.
I don't think it will be all that bad, nothing like the summer time with all the occasional boaters.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I would suggest that if you can launch elsewhere you would probably be better off. Sounds as if several people as well as myself will be launching at Pt. D. If you haven't been to the launch this season then you need to understand that there is only two open ramps with little or no room to stage. If someone gets impatient and pulls down before its necessary they will block the narrow path for guys comming out of the launch. I just hope people will realize that there is very little dock space and that once your in the water get off the dock a make room for the rest of the guys comming in. Even if its dark just motor over to one of the several new pilings and tie off or sit in front of the boat house. Just know that your boat is just one of several just like you, out to have fun and hopefully win some cash. I know that at times I'm not the most patient person out there but I promise the rest of you that I will be doing everything I can to minimize the hassle at the launch and I hope you all do the same. Just my two cents worth. See you all tomorrow and good luck to everyone!!!! The White Possum

·
Registered
615 Posts
Miss Conduct said:
W'ell be launching at pt. defiance also. Question though.....do the fish have to be fin clipped or not????
Miss Conduct.....the answer is no. I released a monster in area 11 about ten days ago. I thought I had to set her free. I thought the regs. where the same as area 10, before it closed in January.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
How much does it cost to launch at Pt.Defiance? I'll be there in line sometime in the morning, with Zvic733, and hickvillekid. Tup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
been going at it with my roomates , its 1:10 am. Think I should go to bed or tough it out?, I think I might just have another cocktail and see you guys in the morning.good luck but I will win

·
Registered
790 Posts
Don't know about launching and all, but I do know there is a river flowing down the driveway! We are gettin drencher up north - I don't mind some wetness but if it's like this down there than , well, uuuuuh..... good luck all Lofty and I are in.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts