Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having much success this winter in area 10, I’m looking for a new game plan.
I fished Area 9 on Saturday (possession) no hits & no bait and then Area 11 on Sunday (Dolphin pt. south) no hits & some bait. I don’t have any experience outside area 9,10,11. I have a 17.5ft Center console 100hp + kicker.

Looking for a new adventure and some action, any suggestions? Will tow and travel for action.

·
Registered
36 Posts
We trolled Possesion (both sides) Pilot Point, Point no Point, and Brown's Bay on Sunday 2/17 and same deal, no bait, no bites. It was brutal. Beautiful day though and first time out this year.

I surmise from the reports this week that Point No Point was fair up until Saturday and Double Bluff was producing some. The tides look much better this weekend. If I make it out Saturday I plan to hit Point No Point at morning high and see where I stand after an hour or two. Then depending on wind I might follow the ebb North to Mid-Channel area where they did pretty well in last week's derby. Sounds like the fish have just pushed North/West. It feels early this year, but then again I was on the water January 15th last year! Been a long Winter. Best of luck--

·
Registered
105 Posts
Area 7 has been producing lots of fish. Got out three days last week and had 21 hookups with 13 fish to the boat. Released one native in the upper teens. Came home with limits fish in the 10 lb class. Watch the weather and if it looks good don't be afraid to launch at Washington park and fish Lopez flats.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
While things down here could certainly change (is the barometer rising?) I'd think the San Juans or Cypress/Guemes would be a nice shot. It's only about 60 freeway minutes from SEattle (maybe 70). That's where I'd like to fish right now!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the suggestions.
boogs I would love to hear a good report from area 9, if not area 7 looks like a good adventure. Cold conditions but wind looks manageable. Any charts or further tips would be greatly appreciated. Anyone else interested in making the trip? I may have a extra seat if your cool with fishing from a 17.5ft CC with no shelter.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hit Point No Point this morning, and it was absolutely dead. I was beach fishing, and not birds chasing the herring around. Not a single bite. No boats near or in the water either. However, it was just a beautfully awesome sunrise this morning, started a little chilly, but ended up very warm.

After about a couple of hours of nothing, we headed south towards Bremerton area to hit up an area by the ferry terminal. Again, not a single hit, but I did manage to somehow hook some kind of sea slug that was attached to a small rock. Thought I had some action till a reeled it in a bit and there wasn't any.

Highlight of the morning was seeing 2 bald eagles at Point No Point, and then another bald eagle chasing and attacking some seaguls down at the ferry terminal.

Once we stunk it up there we decided to hit up The Green River at Flaming Geyser to see if we would have any luck. No bites.

First time I've been skunked fishing ever.

Glad it was an awesome day.

Might be heading down to the Columbia tomorrow to mill around and hit some favorite steelhead areas to see what we can come up with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts