Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been informed that some of you out there in Gamefishin land were wondering what happened to" Bubba," he does not post anymore and it seems like he just dissappeared from the planet. Well I am alive and well .

Here is what I have been doing since September of last year:

I am going to COLLEGE and actually enjoying it alot.... :) .......... The one thing I don't enjoy much is the loads of "Homework" sick: that I have to do each night and on the weekends sick: . I am one of the top students in my class this quarter, I goofed around alot the first quarter and the Teacher had a chat with me , so I put the learning cap back on and jumped at the chance to do better wink: .
You might not consider the college I go to a first class school , but it does offer some Great Classes on a variety of subjects . CloverPark Technical College.
I am taking Computer Graphic Design and Computer Technology , I even learned to type almost 40 words per minute while using more than 2 fingers clap:
I have been lurking at the site a bit now and then, but I never have time to say very much, my teacher at school and my second teacher (wife) at home dont allow much "free time".
My schooling will be for the most part over with around the tail end of March, and then a decision for the future (major University) will be in the thinking cap for a while for the Fall semester somewhere.
What amazes me the most is all that I have learned and how easy most of the applications are to use. Being out of school for over 30 years had its good times and bad times , but now from what I have learned I can let the Good-Times Roll. clap:
I know its late in the year for the river fishing scene, and the springers are right around the corner.............I might get to wet a line somewhere on a river soon. Tup:
Take care everybody------ and I will try and post more as I get the time.

Bubba

·
Administrator
13,955 Posts
So when are you going to design and make your own fishing website. wink: Sounds like you have been busy. If I were going to take college class's today, it wouldn't be computer courses. The IT market is saturated with young talent and the pay isn't what it used to be. Health care is were it's at today!

Good to hear from you.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Great to hear from ya buddy!

First class is in the eye of the beholder...if your paying money for higher education...its first class! I am a graphic design graduate myself (Art Institute)

Glad to hear that you are doing well and not away for anything bad (like being sick)!

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Good for you! Going to school late in lie can be tough. Keep at it, it will be worth the time and hard work!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Yes I have been wondering why we haven't heard from you and rock fish lately. glad everything's okay look forward to your upcoming post!

G

·
Congrats Bubba.

Maybe you could possibly design a new pole with the Gamefishin logo on it. Or you could call it "The Bubba Stick"

Good Luck to ya!!! Tup:

·
Registered
8,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bruce,
I have no intentions of starting a New fishing site, I have other plans. And besides , if I want to go on to the" best fishing site on the Net today", all I have to do is sign onto "Gamefishin.com".
Take care Buddy.
Bubba

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
There isn't anything wrong with CPTC. I was a student there in the early 90's in the Commercial Pilot program. It was a great place to learn to fly at that time but they have since moved the program out to Thun Field. One of the coolest things I can remember was just getting to fly around the South Sound and watch all the AF aircraft arriving/departing from McChord next door.

One day one of the students and his instructor (not me, thank goodness) took off from CPTC for a 1 hour flight. Somehow their transponder got set on the "hijacker aboard" code and was transmitting the whole time they were airborn. An Army helicopter gunship was dispatched out of Gray AAFB and it followed the Clover Park plane all the way in and down to the ground. The chief instructor was none too happy about it but it was good entertainment for the rest of us. If memory serves that student ended up finishing his training elsewhere.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Man

You just answered the question that needed answering.

Congratulations Tup:

Since the days of my lurkings I have lived vicariously through you.

Please don't quit. Many have learned a lot from this site. "And Bubba's teachings"

Just because you have a life of your own; beyond this site doesn't mean that you can just

bail anytime that you want.

Damn I've seen a movie like this before.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Bubba - Glad to see you back on the site partner. You've helped a lot of people out. And I am looking forward to giving you a bit of crap now and then. :D We'll get together when your school is out.
Cheers

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Boy, having to lurk and listen to the rest of us Brag, it must be torture Bubba. Get er' done as we miss your helpful hints.

Bubba rides my School Bus and has been teaching the Kindergartener's how to spell "Cracker". "TRAPPER"

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Good on ya Bubba, learning is a good thing!
My son just finished his 2nd year at CPTC for Digital Media Design or somthing like that...he's probably headed to Arizona for the 3rd and 4th years....keep up the good work.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts