Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on purchasing a boat in the future, might be a striper or a trophy in the 21ft range. just wondering how you guys keep your boats stored, covered outside or in a garage?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
One of the reasons I bought my house is because the garage is 32' deep. On the trailer,my North River is about 31' long. I have just enough room to walk around the tongue with the garage door closed. With the tongue cranked all the way down,I have about 1" between the top of the windshield and the door trim.

·
Super Moderator
6,601 Posts
The yard for now, until we get a garage built.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I built my carport wide enough to store both my surburban and the boat along side of each other. Very little room between.

Also, I take off 1 wheel and store it inside when I'm not using the boat for extended times. Just have too many thieves in the hood! They back up to it and cut the lock off and will be headed down the road alittle lopsided for sure. Hope it never happens.

oldguy

·
Registered
6,712 Posts
costco tarp garage 10'x20' stretched to 12'x24' and jacked up 4' on some fence posts

fits my 22' trophy with a little room to spare

·
Registered
339 Posts
Joe's has a 12 X 25 X8 tarp cover, the legs are 2"outside and .190 inside, went to home depot and bought 10 8"fence pipes they are .190 outside so it was a snug fit inside. Now the cover is 12"X25"X12" just right for my 23" Aquasport hardtop. This cover is a lot better quality than the one sold at Costco by far.

Mike

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Since I need at least a 13' tall door, mine sits outside. The batteries are plugged into a charger and I have a small heater/fan that helps with condensation in the cabin. I don't use a tarp.

One of these days, I'll build my shop...

·
Registered
474 Posts
My 17' stryker goes in the gargage with the swing tounge on the trailer there is about 2 inches of clearence between the door and th tip of the bow. I actually had to remove the wire for the door lock so that it would not snag on the bow of the boat. It's a snug fit but it keeps everything dry and all the neighborhood cats out.

·
Super Moderator
32,972 Posts
I have a boat that fits in our garage so thats where it is. Tup: But when I had a 24'er it sat beside the house with a trailering cover on it.
I like having a boat in the garage much better. The boat is always clean and ready to go. Also no mold from being out in the enviorment all the time.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
I've kept my Trophy under a hard-top carport, but I put a tarp over it as well. Keeps her cleaner and keeps the cats out of her. I just bought a house with a shop that I'm hoping I can get the boat into. It'll take some creative solutions, but I think I can get her in.

·
Banned
2,114 Posts
My 19' Northriver is stored in my shop in a bay not used for biz. It's staying way cleaner indoors than with a tarp outdoors and people have broken into my other boats that I've stored at my house so some extra added security there.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
At the marina in a dry storage slip Tup: . Waiting for a water slip :D .

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
When we moved to Idaho and were looking at houses, the garage had to be big enough for the boat. The house's garage we planned on buying had only 3 inches to spare depth wise for the boat. Talk about nerve racking, I went back 3 more times to measure before we signed, because it was so close and I didn't trust myself with a tape measure. :)
The only time our boat has every stayed outside overnight is camping. Nice warm, dry garage for our baby.

Team Quill

1 - 20 of 23 Posts