Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.cvs.flir.com/maritime/produc ... ishing.cfm

I happened to be checking out a boating magazine while waiting for my sons piano lessons to be over with and found one of these in an advertizement.

They look slick. I was thinking about radar at some point with my boat, but only because I run in the dark for duck hunting. The thought of fog and not seing the tugs pulling log rafts etc. is a bit troubling. This would shure fit the bill and might actually be more useful than Radar which I think I would problaby not ten times per year.

The price I am seing is $4900. Just dreaming but still looks kool!

Radar arch/wakeboard tower w/ rocket launchers is the next boat improvement but this might go on the "just in case I win the lottery" list.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
I've got a funny story about a flir camera, a trade show, and a woman who was standing in front of the camera. Lets just say that silicone shows up very obviously at close range on the flir! :eek:

·
Registered
284 Posts
J.D. said:
I've got a funny story about a flir camera, a trade show, and a woman who was standing in front of the camera. Lets just say that silicone shows up very obviously at close range on the flir! :eek:
LMAO. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
J.D. said:
Only you, J.D.! Sounds like you avoided a collision anyway!

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:D So there is evidence it does work in helping you avoid hazzards! :lol:

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Hey Widge, I was the one that talked to you at Roosevelt as you were pulling out. I have the 22ft Wellcraft with the Yammies on it. I hear you on the tower with the launchers. Check out Samson towers. I'm putting one on this year. They are by far the nicest out there. They are a little spendy, about 4k for everything.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I like the video under products/mariner....If I get one of those...will my next wife be as cute as his wink: Those are perfect for the boater...you could see that pesky seal before he "barks" and scares the pejezzes out of ya :eek:

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey sledgehammer,

Thanks for the link. You will have your tower before I will have mine!!! 4K is a bit steep for me but those are excelent towers and you see a lot of them that is for sure. My brother does all kinds of welding etc. So I may have him do mine or I may look around some more. But I probably won't be getting it this year.

Here is a link to someone who did thier own. I don't remember where I got this, but found it somewhere and stuck it in my favorites.

http://rides.webshots.com/slideshow/549361243xBhUNl

Hope to see you on Roosevelt again, we will of course be there for our annual vacation. I will look for the wellcraft WITH the tower! Tup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts