Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Oh goodness. Well in my limited experience I would have to say you should go to the halibut seminar at 3 rivers marine. Also look at the psa chapters in your area it is likely that they will have some talks about halibut since that time is closing in. On top of that find a copy of "How to catch trophy halibut" by Christopher Batin and Terry Rudnick. I would think that the library would have a copy around somewhere. I myself living in the Everett area plan to launch at Cornet bay. I want to check out middle bank for a bit, If I don't see any bait. I will move down to Hein Bank and work my way down it. As for bait I am going to start looking for some good herring and brine the heck out of them to make them stiff. This is my basic game plan. Of course it is weather dependent. My best advice is to read as much as you can and always keep trying. Halibut fishing can be very discouraging. For the last couple years there has been high hopes of an awesome halibut opener on this site. Opening day has been met with dissapointment. Then as the first week of the season get going the reports really trickle in. I am looking forward to seeing everyones reports. It really is an exciting time of year.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I'm hitting P.A.

I've got a buddy that lives in Joyce and he already has the hotspots mapped out. Tup:

I'll probably be using Horse Herring with a piece of Octopus if the Bark Sharks aren't too bad. If they are I'll use a B2 squid or jig.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Eastside PSA March 19th, 7:00PM North Bellevue Community Center 4063 148th Ave NE Bellevue WA. Ron Garner on Halibut fishing the Straits. Bring a friend, Canada's Canadian Princess raffle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts