Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the skinny. What was the damage? I had a golf tourney this morning and thought about "blackies" from sun up till high noon.. How about a few reports? Did any mark any bait in Area 11 or 13?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yeah, come on guys, give us the skinny, weights, how was the launch etc......I've had to work all day and am waiting with baited breath so to speak...........

·
Registered
992 Posts
I'll let someone post the numbers as I scooted out of there before final results.

I went for a nice boat ride from 6:30 am to 12:30 before I couldn't take it anymore and pulled out. Not a bump, shaker, take down, etc. Nothing.

From what I heard it wasn't anything spectacular.

The worst part was that I was marking bait all over, but nothing seemed to want to bite.

More than anything this served as a "get the bugs out" trip preparing me for my trip north for the derby at the end of the month.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I'll wait for Hook or Lip Ripper will start the official thread. My hat's off to LR, he did a great job putting this together. And thanks to the sponsors for their support as well.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
I'll give you a teaser. The winning fish was 11lbs, 2nd place was 6lb and about 11oz, and 3rd was 5lbs and I don't know how many ounces. Top two fish were caught by non-Gamefishin members and I think Dr Hook's boat had the 3rd place fish. I haven't fished a lot of derbies but I have to say that Lipripper did a great job putting this one together. All the prizes were great, there wasn't a "white elephant" prize in the lot and the weather even turned out pretty nice as the day went on. I just wish one of the fish I caught today would have been a keeper. :(

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
DBAppraiser said:
I'll give you a teaser. The winning fish was 11lbs, 2nd place was 6lb and about 11oz, and 3rd was 5lbs and I don't know how many ounces. Top two fish were caught by non-Gamefishin members and I think Dr Hook's boat had the 3rd place fish. I haven't fished a lot of derbies but I have to say that Lipripper did a great job putting this one together. All the prizes were great, there wasn't a "white elephant" prize in the lot and the weather even turned out pretty nice as the day went on. I just wish one of the fish I caught today would have been a keeper. :(
all i caught was a small rockfish and a sole, my dad hooked about a foot long squid to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts