Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend went to fish Lake Goodwin and caught a few trout.When gutting them he found the entire cavity filled with small worms kind of like maggots.He has not seen this before so he just thru the fish away even the ones that didnt have the worms.What would cause this and is there a problem with the fish there.Makes me want to bypass Goodwin.Is this worm thing common?? Anyone found the same thing in their fish before?.

·
Administrator
13,955 Posts
I've seen some of the Riffe coho chuck full of them. I wouldn't eat them but I've been told that their fine to eat.

·
Premium Member
101,632 Posts
Youve eatin plenty of them cracker ..... its a parasite ... I forgot which one .... there fine to eat as long as there cooked!

Dr Hook said:
I've seen some of the Riffe coho chuck full of them. I wouldn't eat them but I've been told that their fine to eat.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Fish Guy Keith said:
Youve eatin plenty of them cracker ..... its a parasite ... I forgot which one .... there fine to eat as long as there cooked!

Dr Hook said:
Why would anybody eat something that is "chock full" of parasites unless they are filming some "I eat anything dead" show? I guess if you can't catch fish that are good to eat, ya gotta eat what you can catch..) :eek:

·
Registered
330 Posts
its ok...halibut, lings, and rockfish get them too...don't worry. If you leave the meat out long enough, the worms will crawl out on the counter and away from the fish....

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA AH AH AH

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
What better way to get some fresh "Spikes" for Whitefishing , than when they come right in the Fish! Tup: wink: sick: :eek:
"TRAPPER"

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Wow that picture is nasty Trapper! I have seen worms in just about every kind of fish. I put a little white cooking wine on my ling/rockfish and those little bugers crawl right out! I have also had a great looking salmon fillet on the smoke rack and out of it comes tons of really skinny white worms, about the same diameter as a human hair, needless to say I gave that peice away ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts