Gamefishin.com banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a banky, you have to limit what gear you pack down to the river. There's two setups I feel like I can effectively fish any technique and catch whatever salmonid is swimming up our streams. Here's mine.

ab713dc8-618c-4399-a716-13078de1142c.jpg

Float rod: G Loomis STR 1263 w/Shimano Calcutta 200D
Drift/Hardware: Rainshadow XST 1144 w/Daiwa Zillion TWS

What is everyone's favorite setup to use while they're fishing?

·
Registered
727 Posts
After brush busting miles of streams the last few weeks carrying a 10` bobber rod and a 9.5` drift rod, I`m going back to my old school 8.5` spinning outfit. Much easier to work one shorty through the brush, I`ll save the new rods to fish the hatchery hole.

·
Registered
29 Posts
spoon fishing is my thing, i use an 11' 7\8 switch rod blank from lamiglas built as a casting rod when i toss 2\5oz spoons for winters steel.. drift rod is an IMX 1165c loomis, summer fish get a 1/4oz spoon on the clarus C/P rod 11'3" also doubles as my bobber rod... OH i forgot my st. croix 13'6" 8wt spey rod rocking the islander FR4

·
Registered
390 Posts
Lamiglas all the way for me. I have the (4) G-1310's 8'-6" with Abu 5500-5501's for trolling, (4) Kokanee 7' CG specials with Abu 5500-5501's, (2) CG 801 plug rods with vintage Shimano Black Bantam 200-201's for boat rods.

Drift casting rods are CP X106MC with a Citica 201D for Salmon, an XSH 1142L with Abu Revo STX LH, and a CP X96MS with a Symetre 4000FS for steel.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
G loomis 1262 float rod
G loomis 1021c plug rod
G loomis Pro4x fly rod

I have other makes and models, but these get the most action.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Lami xmg with revo stx.... But its My cheapo float rod paired with a daiwa aird that gets most of the love

·
Registered
5,056 Posts
Who are these folks who need "weapons" to pursue a fish with a brain the size of a pea? And whose size rarely exceeds 20 pounds? I don't use a weapon because I don't fight with my fish. I'm bigger than they are, so I play them. And I usually play them on a CND 13' 4" Spey rod equipped with a custom Shamburg old school spring-and-pawl reel. No high falutin' disc drags. Steelhead ain't that tough. But they are very over-rated, especially on the internet.

Sg

·
Registered
56 Posts
Guess I'm with Stealheadr. Lamiglas rods and Ambassadeur reels. Drift fishing - X96 MC cert Pro with Amb XLT Ultra Mag, plugging - G 1330T Hot Shot Mag with Amb 5000, Trolling - G 1380T Back Bouncer with Amb 5500.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Who are these folks who need "weapons" to pursue a fish with a brain the size of a pea? And whose size rarely exceeds 20 pounds? I don't use a weapon because I don't fight with my fish. I'm bigger than they are, so I play them. And I usually play them on a CND 13' 4" Spey rod equipped with a custom Shamburg old school spring-and-pawl reel. No high falutin' disc drags. Steelhead ain't that tough. But they are very over-rated, especially on the internet.

Sg
It's not so much the "weapons" needed to catch fish. But more so the gear that you enjoy using while targeting these elusive fish.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I am mainly a hardware guy for winter steel but this is what I am packing around

SAGE 296 Hardware (SAGE 396 for Salmon or Trophy Steelhead) with Daiwa Tatulas and Daiwa Zillion
SAGE 2106 Float fishing w/Daiwa Tatula

Backup rods would be new Loomis 1165 and 1265. Great rods too.

399721_2705947579673_2040347820_n.jpg

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
North fork st 904 and 905 for drifting
North fork 1164 noodle rod
Sage 2106 for swinging spoons
And various sizes of float rods for big water, small streams, low water and super low water. All paired with Revo Premiere or Revo Beast.

Lots of other rods too, Hi my name is Metal and I'm a fishin rod junkie.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts

Sg
We need to get you exposure to fresh fish, catching those red striped spawners has clouded your interpretation :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
North fork st 904 and 905 for drifting
North fork 1164 noodle rod
Sage 2106 for swinging spoons
And various sizes of float rods for big water, small streams, low water and super low water. All paired with Revo Premiere or Revo Beast.

Lots of other rods too, Hi my name is Metal and I'm a fishin rod junkie.
You aren't the only one.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dynamite

If you must use a weapon and need to know

Blast fishing
or dynamite fishing is the practice of using explosives to stun or kill schools of fish for easy collection. This often illegal practice can be extremely destructive to the surrounding ecosystem, as the explosion often destroys the underlying habitat

1 - 20 of 28 Posts