Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
13,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking through the 2021 regs and I'm seeing many western WA lake with Walleye regulations. Have we had an invasion of the walleye on western WA?

·
Registered
784 Posts
Banks Lake is only a one hour drive north of Moses Lake. Anglers traveling from the Seattle area should expect a scenic 3.5 hour drive to get to the Number One Walleye Fishing Hot Spot.
Western WA..... well, perhaps wishful thinking "propaganda" in the WDFW rules to help sell more Licenses? ;)

WDFW Lakes where this species may be found (Sorry, Western Wa Lakes are a well kept Secret!)
Benton County
Douglas County
Franklin County
Grant County
Klickitat County
Okanogan County
Pend Oreille County
Spokane County
Stevens County
" TRAPPER "

GREEN LAKE WALLEYE ?

·
Registered
784 Posts
The Muckleshoots have stocked some in Lake Washington. Big lake to find them in however.
Thanks coach, That's good information to have and if they grow anything like the "Lake Washington Perch" do .....Well, if you find them, you might have some real good eating. " TRAPPER "

·
Registered
784 Posts

This is an interesting find, an " I-90 Bridge Walleye " but no reason for concern,
You hear more Caiman and Snapping turtle reports than Walleye reports in Lake Washington.

With Walleye, even if there were a 100 of them in the lake, it would take a long time to establish themselves as a population.

For example, the Potholes Reservoir (which was impounded in the late 1960s with, Walleye present) didn't have an established population of the fish until the mid-1990s.

So it will be something to look forward to, unless of coarse they eat up all our Perch in the process. :censored: " TRAPPER "

1 - 7 of 7 Posts