Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
State Legislature has largest gay caucus in U.S.
By RACHEL LA CORTE

The Associated Press

OLYMPIA — The Washington state Legislature has more openly gay lawmakers than any other state in the country, edging out California after a new young representative was appointed to the statehouse this year.

Marko Liias, a 26-year-old Democrat from Mukilteo, started the legislative session earlier this month, replacing former Rep. Brian Sullivan, who left the Legislature for the Snohomish County Council. Liias' arrival gives Washington six openly gay lawmakers, ahead of California's five.

That makes Washington the state with the largest Capitol gay caucus, according to the Gay and Lesbian Victory Fund, a Washington, D.C.-based political action committee.

"Anything that we can do, me as an individual, or us as a state, to be leaders on this issue and be role models is excellent," Liias told The Associated Press Wednesday. "The message really is, everyone deserves a stake in Washington, and everyone has a stake in Washington's future."

Liias joins Reps. Jamie Pedersen, D-Seattle, Jim Moeller, D-Vancouver and Dave Upthegrove, D-Des Moines, and Sens. Ed Murray, D-Seattle, and Joe McDermott, D-Seattle.

Of the approximately 500,000 elected officials in America, about 400 of them are openly gay or lesbian, said Denis Dison, a Victory Fund spokesman.

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Why is the phrase "gay or lesbian"? Doesn't the word "gay" include homosexual women? And is there a politically correct word that is the male equivalent of "lesbian?"

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Theking said:
State Legislature has largest gay caucus in U.S.

....Liias joins Reps. Jamie Pedersen, D-Seattle, Jim Moeller, D-Vancouver and Dave Upthegrove, D-Des Moines, and Sens. Ed Murray, D-Seattle, and Joe McDermott, D-Seattle.
I wonder if these guys get together and do their caucusing on that Green River road between Kent and Auburn that Kid 2 spoke of? :D viewtopic.php?f=8&t=978 light:

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
I wonder if these guys get together and do their caucusing on that Green River road between Kent and Auburn that Kid 2 spoke of?
Wouldn't you like to know... :eek: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"is there a politically correct word that is the male equivalent of "lesbian?""

Yes he is called a hetero male. I am a male lesbian, I love women just like female lesbians like women.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Ya gotta love it! Queen starts a thread about homosexuals... then clumsily tries to assert his heterosexuality and attraction to women. :D

You know what they say... :eek: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Who says that Webo ? Usually ****'s it is their version of I am rubber you are glue come back. I notice you like this emoticon as well :eek: and they all play for your team. :shock:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
and they all play for your team
Yeah.....the ones that ADMIT being gay.

Your team members deny it, and then hang around in airport bathrooms and hire male hookers.

But we believe YOU when you say you're not gay. wink:

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Half an hour... and that's the best you could come up with king? You're slippin'. clown:

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I'd rather them show their true colors then try to hide it. Much better then masquerading as a family man, voting against gay rights bills, then getting caught smoking pole at a Republican House retreat in Spokane.
Whose team was that guy on?

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would vote for a gay before I would vote for a liberal. Gays are born that way, liberalism is mental disorder.

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
Webo said:
Ya gotta love it! Queen starts a thread about homosexuals... then clumsily tries to assert his heterosexuality and attraction to women. :D

You know what they say... :eek: :mrgreen:
I've got no dog in this fight, but that's a classic response, Webo! clap: Like my daddy used to always say, "That's what happens when you lead with your chin"!

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Theking said:
I would vote for a gay before I would vote for a liberal. Gays are born that way, liberalism is mental disorder.
Would you vote for an openly gay Republican?

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Stonefish said:
Theking said:
Would you vote for an openly gay Republican?
Only if we danced first. :D

Kidding...but really what does it matter? If they believe in the issues that are important to me then what should I care who they bang. :oops: These labels on both sides of the aisle are petty and devisive at best and violent at worst. I have had and still have gay friends (men and women) and would have NO problem with them representing me as long as our "core issues" coincided.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Stone,

"Would you vote for an openly gay Republican?"

Yes if that person was the most qualified.

Unlike a liberal who would vote for them just because they were gay. James Caraville said something similar this morning. He said the democrats are a better party because they offer America a Woman and an African American candidate and the GZOP only offers white males. He never mention the most qualified.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
King,
I thought you had already answered my question in a previous post. Actually, that was some what of a loaded question. You'll likely never get the opportunity to vote for an openly gay Republican. For some reason, they prefer to stay in the closest until they are exposed. Must have something to do with not wanting to upset their fellow team members.

It is really to bad what the Republican party has become. I used to vote pretty much Republican straight across the board. Once they started aligning themselves with evangelical sheep herders like Ted Haggard, I really lost interest. Just not the same old party it used to be.
Anyway, thanks for the laughs and exchanges wink: .
Time to go fishing.

P.S.
Just an FYI. This should make you feel better. We are actually # 2
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/p ... us24m.html

1 - 20 of 33 Posts