Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
My nephew joined the army about 5 months ago. He finished his basic then went to (I think) North Carolina for some more training. Now he leaves tomorrow (Sunday) for Iraq. He will go to Kuwait first for some more training (30 days). And then he will be heading to Baghdad. From there he thinks he'll be somewhere between Ramadi and Sadr city. He's being told it's one of the hottest war zones. He told me he'll be there for 455 days.

Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. I'm praying he'll come home safe. I love the kid. clap:

Some of you know my opinion of the Iraq war Tdown: :evil: But I won't get into to that subject here in this forum.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Godspeed to him! Hope he comes through well! I'd be very proud to be his uncle. clap:

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
Here's hoping for a safe return. Please tell your nephew "THANK YOU" for his service to us, and that contrary to what he may hear along the way, the majority of the folks back home are very proud of and grateful to him and all his comrades. Godspeed.

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
TRAUT said:
Here's hoping for a safe return. Please tell your nephew "THANK YOU" for his service to us, and that contrary to what he may hear along the way, the majority of the folks back home are very proud of and grateful to him and all his comrades. Godspeed.
Yes sir Tup:

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I know how you feel. My son in law just went over there again.
I probably share your opinion on us being there. Not sure I get it.
Whether or not we agree with the political aspect, I'm with you on supporting our troops.
Prayers to the guys over there, and thanks to all the combat vets. Because of you, we are free to live the way that we do.
Vic
US Army 1984-1987

·
Banned
109 Posts
Hope for a very safe return, he'll definitly be kept in thoughts and prayers. Dont know about you but Id feel (sp?) honored to have someone that I personally know in the war, JMO.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Thoughts and prayers for your nephew on a safe tour and return, and your family for strength, IB. I know what it's like to have family serving in that sand box. It seems to slow every day down just a little.

·
Registered
15,118 Posts
MYSTICAL LEGENDS said:
TRAUT said:
Yes sir Tup:
Times 2 Tup:

·
Registered
152 Posts
It's calmed down alot over there but it's still a dangerous place and a real shiet hole...I was sure glad to fly out of there last week. I wish your nephew the best of luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts