Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone familiar with the bank fishery on the Sky throw a newbie to the river a bone? Has fishing been any good? Any advice along with technique suggestions for this river would be greatly appreciated! Thinking about hitting it this week. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Go to the best of forum and check out Bruce's river maps. The Sky is included.

Browse this forum a page or two and you will see eggs, float and jigs, drift gear (including aeroflies), spoons, and maybe a dull spinner used, since there is about 20 feet of visibility.

Check behind frothy boulders as they can hide from you in clear conditions.

Google out Proctor Creek. Find it and then go a mile upriver, and you will be directly across form the Reiter Ponds hatchery. You will cross high bridge (Hwy 2 as it crosses the SKy) to get to Proctor Creek. Or fish lower than the Wallace River to taget returning hatchery fish from there and Reiter.

And check out the "best of" forum, SnoqualmieSteel should change his name to "Skykomish Man of Steel".

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
I was going to chime in and help, but Sparky has given you pretty much everything you need to know, Great post Sparky Tup:

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I remember there's a Public "Walk In Access" in Gold Bar, off Dorman Road between 405th Ave S.E. and 408th Ave S.E. It's Fenced on both sides, about 2000 Ft long and 8 Ft wide with a well beaten path down the middle.
A real nice example of cooperation between the Landowners and Fishermen, allowing access where Duffey Creek enters the Sky. (I wish we had a few like it on the Green where NO TRESSPASSING Signs now stand.) "TRAPPER"

·
Banned
733 Posts
THE TRAPPER said:
I remember there's a Public "Walk In Access" in Gold Bar, off Dorman Road between 405th Ave S.E. and 408th Ave S.E. It's Fenced on both sides, about 2000 Ft long and 8 Ft wide with a well beaten path down the middle.
A real nice example of cooperation between the Landowners and Fishermen, allowing access where Duffey Creek enters the Sky. (I wish we had a few like it on the Green where NO TRESSPASSING Signs now stand.) "TRAPPER"
SHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Now your giving up the good spots wink: Fish dont hold in that area though Tup:
Omar

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
SHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Now your giving up the good spots wink: Fish dont hold in that area though Tup:
Omar[/quote]
"Big O",I have yet to Fish the Sky any farther upriver than Gold Bar. So are these the "Reiter Ponds" you hear tell of? (They look like Hatchery Ponds to me from the Spy Sattilite), I take it you fish down stream from them? "TRAPPER"

·
Banned
733 Posts
Ya that circled area is the hatchery. I tend to try and fish down river from there due to the presure it gets right at the hatchery.
Omar

·
Banned
733 Posts
If you look down where it says skykomish river by the S is the start of the cable hole you hear about sometimes.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey guys,

I have been away for more then a few days. Thanks for all the great info. I plan on checking out some of the mentioned accesses in the following days depending on conditions. If I hit I'll be sure to post photos!

·
Registered
17,616 Posts
Big O said:
THE TRAPPER said:
Omar
If I remember right one of the fish groups created this access....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts