Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm going to be stuck on vashon island for a few days at the beginning of April. Is there anything to be caught from the bank?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Hello, I'm going to be stuck on vashon island for a few days at the beginning of April. Is there anything to be caught from the bank?

AlanJob, You can catch Sea Run Cutthroat Trout every month of the year. The fishing is also accessible from the Bank.

Hopefully the warm weather will hold for you to get in some nice winter fishing. Good Luck!
" TRAPPER "

·
Administrator
13,955 Posts
Bank fishing on Vashon is somewhat limited due to access. Your best bet would be around the Pt. Robinson lighthouse.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Bank fishing on Vashon is somewhat limited due to access. Your best bet would be around the Pt. Robinson lighthouse.
Great choice, (just watch out for the Wolves on the Beach, lapping at your heels)

"Ok. Weird story. A buddy of mine just called me. He was salmon fishing along the shoreline of Vashon Island near the "Girl Scout Camp" which is located on the southwest corner of the island just north of Pt. Dalco. He told me they started hearing loud growling and a lot of weird whining coming from the beach. They looked over and as he describes it, they saw a "gray wolf" attacking a yearling deer on the beach. The "wolf" proceeded to attack the deer by the throat, kill it, and drag it along the shore and then into the bushes. Anybody on here know what to make of this? He swears it was a wolf. I can't imagine there are any true wolves on Vashon Island (Never say never in this state), and can only surmise that somebody in the area has a hybrid wolf or raises them?
Anybody have any intel on this part of the island or heard of such a thing? He was kind of shell shocked trying to explain it to me, but I totally believe him." (Sounds like an "escapee" from Wolf Town Sanctuary, on Vashon.)
Wolftown shrinks its animal rescue program
After about seven years providing animal rescue on Vashon, Wolftown is now only rehabilitating birds of prey and wolves.
"Times are hard right now, and Wolftown needs help. The patron who donated the land we sit on has recently come under hard times. Wolftown must raise the money to buy the land in order to continue our mission and insure the future of the wolves."
Wolftown!
Burton, WA

An escaped Wolf would find living on Vashon is undeniably easy. It has been overrun by deer, which long since became a problem for anyone trying to grow a garden — hence the 8-foot fences you see all over on Vashon.
Who would have thought there were wolves running loose in our own backyard on Vashon Island, WA.
:dunno:

" TRAPPER "

1 - 6 of 6 Posts