Registered
4,209 Posts
Sweet! I cant wait.

Shoot, you might be on Social Security and retired by 2015, huh DB. :lol: :lol:

See ya there.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
That course is amazing! I played it last summer-simply amazing course to play-there is nothing like it in the state. Bandon Dunes maybe the closest.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I grew up in UP and have seen the course many times. I have not played on it yet, but its a really great looking course, and my golfing friends say it is a challenging course too. My brother lives off of grandview drive right down from the entrance, he said he is planning on renting out his home for a few days to someone looking to stay close to the course, but I dont know if his wife will like the idea. Its still many years away, and Chambers has to add some upgrades like stands but it will be a great event to see. Im going for sure.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
thats so cool! I have only heard good things about the course and that is quite the repitoire with all those awards it won

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
being so close to the water, does anyone know if the course is set up in the style of a U.K. links course. Ya know, the type of course along the waters edge that makes the pros look foolish when the wind and rain arrive.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What the layout doesn't show is all the blind shots and uneven lies there are on the course. I haven't played it yet but I have walked the path around it. It is a tight course that will bite you in the butt if you cannot control an iron.

·
Registered
421 Posts
DBAppraiser said:
What the layout doesn't show is all the blind shots and uneven lies there are on the course. I haven't played it yet but I have walked the path around it. It is a tight course that will bite you in the butt if you cannot control an iron.
I definitely put this one on my list to play this summer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts