Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A month or so ago, I posted a rant about Lowrance telling me they would not fix my 4 year old LCX18C finder. They offered a rebate saying parts were longer available or too expensive. I was miffed, but sent it in to be tested ($49.95) before plunking down another $1000-$2000 for another one. I just got it back from Lowrance today stating it had been updated with new software and a new diode, but did not say what the diode was for. I still suspect they knew of a problem, but they fixed it anyway. For now, they still have my loyalty and wil let you know if it works like new again. If it lasts just one more season, I can live with that :cry:

I guess for you current Lowrance owners, sent it in to be tested and repaired. You might be surprised like me.
Kevin

·
Registered
518 Posts
Glad they took care of you! They have always treated me well, and they have made my fishing a lot more fun and successful over the many years. Could you imagine fishing with no sonar or gps?

·
Registered
3 Posts
You are not alone i have that same unit and was told we will give you $50.00 credit for a new unit and there are no parts or service aftere looking around i took the hole thing apart to find a 3amp small fuse inside it was poped repacaced it and it worked for a while then poped again the was a short in the water temp or
speed wheel in the back unhooked it and life is good but i sure looked for the lawrance factory rep at the sportsman and boat show to give him my 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Interesting I have the LCX19C. Mine is broken also only 1/2 of screen will light up. Maybe I will send mine in to be "Tested", but Lorance told me they don't make parts for my anymore. Those units are not cheap $1500.00 or so. I guess its worth the $50.00 to see if they will fix it. Thanks for the update it gives me a little bit of hope, as I have been looking for a new unit, but i am not ready to shell out another 1500.00. I have been looking a much cheaper units.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts