Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
That is such BS, I hate tweakers, we have a house across the street from us that was just condemned and now they are living in their van on the street in front of my place, all I will say is they won't be there for long, I just didn't want to kick them out before Christmas but now it's on :twisted:

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I heard of some houses in Chehalis losing all the copper pipe and wiring after the sheetrock was removed after the flooding. Can you imagine the scumbag who would prey on someone who just had their home flooded.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Fluffhead said:
powder said:
I don't haveto worry about that.
You've been vaccinated against tweekers?
No cuz i'd stand there and watch/chuckle while some tweaker tried to squish himself under my lowered car only to find that i don't have a cat. :lol:

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I removed the converter on our work truck but we got caught when we were trying to get it thru emissions.They made us put it back on.We were blowing up converters thats why we took it off.costs 4-5 hundred bucks every time.Garage couldnt find what was causing them to fail either.Finally a old timer found the problem.There is a one way check valve that brings unused gas back to the converter to be reburned.That was plugged up.Havent had any problems since..Its illegal to remove the converter or to mess with the emissions system.We could of got fined but didnt.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
johnguz76 said:
I removed the converter on our work truck but we got caught when we were trying to get it thru emissions.They made us put it back on.We were blowing up converters thats why we took it off.costs 4-5 hundred bucks every time.Garage couldnt find what was causing them to fail either.Finally a old timer found the problem.There is a one way check valve that brings unused gas back to the converter to be reburned.That was plugged up.Havent had any problems since..Its illegal to remove the converter or to mess with the emissions system.We could of got fined but didnt.
I realize it's illegal. I bought the car like that unknowingly... and like you said, converters are expensive. I have fishing gear i'd rather spend money on. When i have to do emissions in '09 i'll worry about it. Till then, i'm good.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
What about the huge carbon footprint you are leaving. I wouldn't be concerned about the cost of a catalytic converter, but rather the irreparable damage you are doing to our planet. :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Are your hunting & fishing seasons slow this year? Then what you need to do is to come out tweaker huntin' ! Tweaker huntin' you can bring the whole family! Tweaker don't taste that great but they sure are fun to catch! So remember, Save a Salmon eat a tweaker!

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
NWNorwegian said:
Are your hunting & fishing seasons slow this year? Then what you need to do is to come out tweaker huntin' ! Tweaker huntin' you can bring the whole family! Tweaker don't taste that great but they sure are fun to catch! So remember, Save a Salmon eat a tweaker!
:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
NWNorwegian said:
Sounds like fun. 12 month season with no limits! wink:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Isn't there something we can do? I've heard of a neighborhood watch. Maybe a fisherman's watch?
I'm serious! I know theft is a problem but what about all of this illegal dumping?

They aren't up their dumping a bunch of yard debris like grandpa used to do! They dump stuff from their meth labs! That can't be safe for us or the fish!?!?! Thoughts?

·
Registered
342 Posts
They got me...stole my battery and cut the cables. I am out of work..this just hamstrung me BIG TIME. Kick a guy when he's down...for a 4 yo battery? And dont just take the WORTHLESS battery....but rip all the wires and leave me with NOTHING. I am already looking at homeless...thanks tweakers

Edited for language - EL

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
It would be fun to set up a sting. Leave out some bait and wait in the bushes. When the tweaker takes the bait out puts four of his new friends.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
This is pretty much the exact reason i refuse to fish Metzler or park my car outside a quick sprinting distance, while in waders.

I'll be on the lookout for suspicious activity at the Green from now on. This has to stop.

·
Banned
2,114 Posts
I saw on the news last night someone (probably tweekers) stole 2 miles of heavy guage copper wire from the street light system down at Evergreen college. pretty bold doing it during the day. The system is off during the day preventing electricution. $30,000 to replace all the wire. I think the recycle yards should be monitored like pawn shops by the police. Those recycle people need to step up to the plate and report people coming in to sell the copper. Wouldn't you think it would raise an eyebrow if someone came in with 2 miles of copper wire?...where'd ya git it partner? Let the police do the investigating. my 2 pennies worth on the subject.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts