Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must say that fishing hasn’t been easy this year and as a matter of fact for those shore bound like me. I’m batting 0 for 3 and I am trying to remove the funk of not catching a fish in winter. It’s perhaps my biggest fishing related peeve right now and it irks me that I hooked and lost what would have been:

1) The first fish caught in 2008
2) First bass caught in winter and
3) First fish caught on a jig.

Oooohh that gets me steaming like Yosemite Sam.

Fortunately, I have found comfort in making some lures that will be auctioned off at my daughter’s school auction. I made two sets of five inline spinners. Here is one set:

This set of 3 I made tonight:

I love my “Patriot� pattern of Red, White, and Blue bucktail.

Too bad they wouldn’t fare well as a Valentine’s gift!" alt="conf:" title="Confused" />

Same with drugs. The only way to solve the drug problem is to eliminate the drug.
Tup:[/quote]

Very interesting problem solving, all or nothing. The government can not totally eliminate drinking and driving, drug use etc. and not naive enough to believe that banning drugs and alcohol will work. Therefore, I assume tolerance and acceptance is your way of dealing with these problems, rather than increased deterrents and punishments?ribly stiff laws against drinking and driving which helps coerce all who are drunk to have the barkeep call them that cab. BTW thier drunken driving convictions per capita are beyond low..........ctive February 16 until March 31(closed April 1 through May 31). Selective gear rules apply, internal combustion motors allowed. Unlawful to fish from a floating device while under power. Release all fish except up to two hatchery steelhead may be retained per day.
Fro

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Beautiful work.

Have you located a cheap (and I mean really cheap) price for spinner bodies? Other than a couple good buys on Ebay, I've found spinner bodies at an economical price very hard to find. I've got a lifetime supply of spinner shafts and French blades, but have less than 50 spinner bodies. I'm really cheap.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks! I agree with you. The absolute cheapest prices I've seen is at the sportsman's show. By the time I got there, they were pretty much wiped out but the guy might have replenished his stock for Monroe. I think I wound up buying 30 bodies for about $4.00 but I misplaced them in the garage somewhere.:oops: Don't quote me on the prices, but I do know it was cheap relative to prices found in our local shops.

If I find excellent deals I'll be sure to let you know.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Those are nice spinners. Good work! maybe one of your spinners will take care of one of your three goals on the list! Really nice lookin spinners though, might do good work for steelies, springers, or silvers!

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
if i remember right, you make a killer looking muskie spinner too. i may need to buy some from you this spring.
good luck,by the end of next month the smallies should start picking up. my buddy was under i-90 last week and caught a few pigs. they are still deep of course but soon they will be coming up. keep at it :D

·
Registered
740 Posts
[QUOTE="islandbass,"I must say that fishing hasn't been easy this year and as a matter of fact for those shore bound like me. I'm batting 0 for 3 and I am trying to remove the funk of not catching a fish in winter. It's perhaps my biggest fishing related peeve right now and it irks me that I hooked and lost what would have been:

1) The first fish caught in 2008
2) First bass caught in winter and
3) First fish caught on a jig.

Oooohh that gets me steaming like Yosemite Sam.
[/QUOTE]

ISLANDBASS, Has your "Fish Catching Record" improved now during these dark days of Covid?
I never thought I would be wishing for the old days, perhaps we will soon see better days ahead.
Good Fishing and keep turning out those nice looking Lures.
" TRAPPER "

1 - 7 of 7 Posts