Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am setting up my boat with a kicker motor and bought a Yamaha duel binnacle control. I want to control the big and kicker motor from the console
Here the problem when you use the trim on the throttle it runs both motors but I only want it to control the big one from the throttle and the small one from the trim switch on the base. How can I do this? Some one here must have run into this before me.

Mike

·
Registered
85 Posts
I ran into this issue during my time at 3 rivers as a rigger...If I remember right, there is two 2 into1 bullet connectors (at the binnacle end of the harness)that you can unplug one side of each to separate the circuits to isolate them...One side it is green (down) other is blue(up) and the second is green/white and blue/white..Hope this helps...If not, PM me and I could swing by fix you up...Hope I described this right.. its alot easier if it in your sight.. :D

Silverhammer

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ended up talking to one of the riggers at Jacobson's Marine and he talked me thru it.
Where the trim wires come from the seven pin plug on the kicker motor wire bundle going into the binnacle you cut the red, blue and the green wires. Then disconnect the same wires where they plug into the base trim switch for the starboard motor. By doing this you bypass the diodes inside the binnacle harness so the trim switch on the handle now only drives the port motor. Now at the three wires that you cut you jump those three wires over to the wires that connect to the starboard trim switch on the binnacle base. Now the trim switch in the handle only drives the port motor along with the port trim switch on the base and the starboard trim switch on the base only drives the starboard motor. It took me about 20 minutes after I figured it out and works great. It is much easer than it sounds

Mike clap:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts