Treager wood pellets | Gamefishin.com

Treager wood pellets

Discussion in 'The Camp Fire! General Discussions' started by Craig, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Craig

Craig Member

My son-in-law and I each got a Treager last week and am looking for help finding the best (cheapest) place to get the wood pellets. Am located in Kent and don't want to spend big $ driving to find them. Was told someone has them for about $13 a bag but that person wasn't sure of the location. Any help appreciated.

2. wannafish

wannafish Well-Known Member

I saw them at Sportco for $13.99 last week. But they do run out. I tried to get them in the winter and I gave up after waiting 3 months. I bought them at Sportsman Warehouse for $15.99.

3. Easy Limits

Easy Limits Moderator Staff Member

Costco in Lacey has them (roadshow) for $14.79 right now.

4. STSGreen

STSGreen Active Member

take it back... get a WSM :)

5. bing

bing Active Member

I buy them thru a private dealer for $11/bag in quantities over 20 bags. 20 bags lasts me 2 years or so.

I also buy Bear Mountain Pellets at Cash and Carry. I forget the price/weight but it isn't a bad deal.

6. bing

bing Active Member

screw that,,,take it back and get a Green Mountain Grill

7. STSGreen

STSGreen Active Member

Bing,

Id still take a WSM. And i don't like the electric digital blah blah blah smokers. My WSM will stay just as temp consistent in any weather conditions. My 22.5 can cook more than enough food than ill need to cook. It was only 350 bucks as well. For that price range (and smokers for alot more $$$) ill take my WSM Tup: Just my opinion.

Back to the original post
    Ive seen em at costco and sportco for somewhere around 15 bucks.

8. bing

bing Active Member

Don't get me wrong, I love a WSM. Apples/oranges when comparing to pellet smokers which are basicly designed for convenience.

9. STSGreen

STSGreen Active Member

Tup: Tup: Tup:

10. Clockwork

Clockwork Well-Known Member

cant see using pellets when theres a billion alder and maple trees around. i cut a limb off an alder or maple, strip the bark off it and run it through a bandsaw to make my chips. does the traeger require pellets?

11. bing

bing Active Member

yes, and electricity

12. Craig

Craig Member

Thanks for the three (3) suggestions that answered the question out of ten (10) replys. To each his own!

13. STSGreen

STSGreen Active Member

What did you expect from and internet forum? Look online at websites, call the stores, contact treagar and find their retailers. and contact them. Watch for sales, or look where you can buy in bulk.

14. wannafish

wannafish Well-Known Member

Your welcome.

15. bing

bing Active Member

update from Craig: turns out Bear Mountain Pellets can be had at Cash and Carry for $8.98 for a 20lb bag