treager lil tex | Gamefishin.com

treager lil tex

Discussion in 'The Outdoor Chef! Great outdoor cooking' started by crop duster, Jun 26, 2010.

1. crop duster

crop duster New Member

i bought a lil tex grill and it only reaches 398 degrees. should be able to get 450 or higher. is there a fix for this. it doesnt have a digital therm yet. any advice on this? thanks

2. Down Yonder BBQ

Down Yonder BBQ New Member

9445 SW Ridder Road #310
    Wilsonville, OR 97070
    TRAEGER TECHNICAL SUPPORT
    Available 24/7
    TRAEGER PARTS DEPARTMENT
    Available Weekdays 8AM to 4:30PM
    Pacific Time
    TRAEGER SALES/ORDER DESK
    Available Weekdays 8AM to 5PM
    Pacific Time
    TOLL-FREE TELEPHONE: 1-800-872-3437
    E-mail: [email protected]

24-HOUR HOTLINE FOR SERVICE - 1-800-TRAEGER(872-3437)

Open your cooking chamber lid, remove cooking grill, angled drip pan and U-shaped firepot cover. Is there ash build up in the firepot and/or around the firepot? If so, this needs to be cleaned out. The ash is choking out the fire.

3. epidemic

epidemic Member

Certain woods burn hotter. Try some hotter burning woods if your just trying to get hot.

4. stlhdr42

stlhdr42 Active Member

Mine gets to 450. Thats the highest I have seen it at, I have the digital therm. Mine did start to lose high heat and eventually quit burning the wood all togethor. Contacted customer service and they sent me a new hot rod and it fixed it. The cust service is really good, easy to deal with.

5. bing

bing Active Member

same here,,,,after 3 years,,,my hot rod went out, and they sent another,,,very easy to deal with and didn't even ask my name or warranty info