Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from Harbor freight to take a look at a trailer dolly. The one they have looks like it is way to low to be of any real use. I'm wondering if anybody knows where they sell a dolly (the kind with two wheels that you use to move the trailer)? I park my boat in the garage and have been using the drop down wheel when I move it. I'm afraid that it's going to snap off one of these days.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I bought one from Harbor Fright because of the price. It serves me well, I use it mostly on my medium sized 12X8 enclosed trailer. The low part isn't a big deal because you have to crank the wheel a few times with any dolly to get good clearance. The HF one isn't so low that I can't use it, and I haven't had any clearance issues. Besides, I don't feel bad leaving it outside if you know what I mean. The HF one is probably 1/3 to 1/2 the price of competing models so I am willing crank the wheel a few more times. But I use a 2WD truck so if you have a big lifted 4X4 3500 you may want to spend a bit more coin. However, I think there is something like a 24" recommended max height for trailer hitches anyway so the cranking distance may not be that far. I could measure the assembled height of mine if you like.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I just measured the dolly and it is about 16.5 inches to the top of the ball and about 14 to the bottom. I have a replaceable bottom on my trailer jack and I usually leave the flat plate on because it doesn't roll. I find the dolly much more convenient to use than trying to he-man the trailer around. Also, at least for my trailer, it looks just about level just about when you raise the tongue enough to clear the dolly so it is convenient to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts