Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
I have the cabela knock off brand. It's flame is tempermental and the digital readout consistently doesn't match actual "oven" temp. Cash n' carry olympia......decent pellet prices. If I heard good evidence that Traeger flame was mostly fail-safe, I'd then say that I regret my decision to buy cabela product. (although it was 25% cheaper than the traeger offered simultaneously at cabelas)

·
Registered
799 Posts
curb2day,
Food Ingredient Cuisine Font Junk food

Brown Product Font Junk food Packaging and labeling

I'll second that on "Cash and Carry," (now "Smartfoods") store for having the best selection and price on Smoker Pellets.
Traeger pellets are some of the best you can buy. Hickory is a very popular flavor for grilling and smoking, making this a great choice. By opting for flavored hardwood instead of flavor wood, you'll get all of the natural flavors, but with the enhanced burn quality of oak or alder.
I've used Bear Mountain a number of times, and have found them to be really good quality. They're semi-local (Oregon), and I've always heard great things from others about them as well. Very consistent, and not a ton of ash. If nothing else, it wouldn't hurt to buy a bag or two and see how you like them! " TRAPPER "

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have two Traegers and love them. Costco usually carries Traeger pellets at a better price. I don't have any experience with Green Mountain.
I am thinking about buying grill from Home Depot. Also, which Traeger models you used? I know this is an old thread but I am certainly looking for some advice from experience holders. I have searched on my websites online and they list tons of models which makes decision making more difficult, so any advice to help me?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts