Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tony Dungy has decided to return for another year on the sideline after taking some time to reflect on his situation. Fan reaction is mixed as some posters on various boards have been saying that "the game has passed him by" and "he was outcoached by Norv Turner", "doesn't show enough passion" and "he is very over-rated". Sound familiar?

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
Yes it does. He still is more viable then Mike. Dungy does lack passion but always has. He is a technical quite guy. There is a differance from Mike as Mike in his prime was a redfaced all over the place passionate guy. Something he is not now.

I saw Dungy is still at top of his game. So they should keep him as they have.

Differance is the Colts begged him to stay. You dont see the Hawks begging Mike. They wont insult him by fire buy would love for him to retire.

·
Registered
17,616 Posts
Gupper, gupper gupper.........

Mike isnt going anywhere. You are just gonna have to get over that one and live with it. As long as they are going to playoffs every year they are making money. Making money = happy President :mrgreen:

As for Dungy ... his ride on the emotional train has come to its last stop. Kind of like the Redskins the emotional game eventually finds its last stop. :eek:

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
SportJet said:
Gupper, gupper gupper.........

Mike isnt going anywhere. You are just gonna have to get over that one and live with it. As long as they are going to playoffs every year they are making money. Making money = happy President :mrgreen:

As for Dungy ... his ride on the emotional train has come to its last stop. Kind of like the Redskins the emotional game eventually finds its last stop. :eek:
Its not me flapping at the mouth. It is all but announced that the owners have not optioned or offered an extention to his contract. This is why Mora stayed. Mike was waiting to see if the team had a vote of confidence to show him. They do not as reported on just about every sports show. He will either step away by his choice in next few days or be not signed again after his contract runs it course next year.

He did not coach well the later half of year and in playoffs. He is done. End of story. You will hear it soon and I will be back to say TOLD YA SO clap:

I was right about Dungy, He is staying as he is still a great coach with fresh ideas. He will get it done. They should have won that game last week but NY got it done. Two good coaches.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
The reason Mora stayed is because Holmgren had a talk with him about his career. Holmgren turned down his first head coaching oppurtunity in San Fran( I think) as well, just so he could raise his family without making them move anywhere while his kids were in high school. Mora knows what he wants and its to head coach Seattle. Its not going to be within the next couple of years though Ice.

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
You very well could be right. He has such a big ego he may think he can come back and win a bowl and then get offered a new contract only to turn it down and walk away. Nice dream but a hard one to make come true. I see the Hawks able to win one more almost easy division next year as the other teams are still not where the need to be to contend. But by the following year I see the other 3 teams swinging to the strong side and Hawks getting old. Now thats just how I see it. Not fact.

The Niners have the defense but a lousy head coach and QB. Better QB and they are there. The Cards could be a very good team if they get there act toghether. The Rams also look to be much better.

Its all good.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
The Cardinals will either lose Fitzgerald or Boldin this offseason. How do you think one of those guys would fit in with Hasslebeck. :D Just a thought.

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
Red Neckersom said:
The reason Mora stayed is because Holmgren had a talk with him about his career. Holmgren turned down his first head coaching oppurtunity in San Fran( I think) as well, just so he could raise his family without making them move anywhere while his kids were in high school. Mora knows what he wants and its to head coach Seattle. Its not going to be within the next couple of years though Ice.
Sorry but thats not at all fact. It was cleary reported that Mora received assurance by the team owners to something they wont announce. He did not stay just because he like Seattle. That foolish to think. Holmgren live in the off season in Santa Cruz CA and has no plans to relocate to WA. He could have coached in San Fran but did not as he was smart not to as the York Family are cheapskates and he knew he would not get financial backing to have a super bowl caliber team.

It is fact that the Owners are not offering Mike a contract extention and he is insulted by it. He is gone now or end of next year when contract is done if he does not win the bowl. No other way he is allowed to stay. He is a great coach but owners in the pros are fickle and feel they need to change when they dont get the big one.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ice, let me ask you something, when was the last time that either Paul Allen or Tim Ruskel leaked ANY information to the media or even discussed contracts of any coach or player with the media? I can tell you, never.

So, for anyone to be saying that the organization is trying to force him out or hoping that Mike retires, or that they are not going to give or will give him an extension, they are purely speculating. The vast majority of media doesn't even realize that we have a team out here and they sure couldn't find it if they had to anyway.

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
Red Neckersom said:
The Cardinals will either lose Fitzgerald or Boldin this offseason. How do you think one of those guys would fit in with Hasslebeck. :D Just a thought.[/quote

They wont lose Boldin. However he is a bust in big games. Hawks could use Fitz but he is rumored to want to play in St Lois for some reason?

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Ice. I hate to say it as well, but you have no idea what you are talking about bro. How do you get all your inside information? Do you get it from Koren Robinson as well, or heck maybe Mike Holmgren himself, lmao.

5 percent of me would like to see what Mora could do, but 95 percent knows that Holmgren needs to be the guy.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ice. I hate to say it as well, but you have no idea what you are talking about bro. How do you get all your inside information?
Now that is funny! I was just thinking that as well. Ice where does your inside info come from? Today I have read Frank Hughes blog, Clare Farnsworth's blog, Mike Kahn's blog and Q/A section, looked at Adam Shefter's clip on NFL.com, can't find anything worthwhile from Jay Glazer(he hasn't updated his blog since Aug 10th), read John Clayton's latest article and blog and listened to his show Saturday AM while I was working. Not a single one of those guys has anything else to say except that Holmgren is 50-50 to return and we will have to wait to find out. Not a single one of them has reported that there is any internal strife or anything inside the Hawks organization. As for Mora pulling his name out of consideration, early on Greg Williams was the front runner for the *******'s job as they paid him a big chunk of money to stay and Gibbs had lobbied hard for him to be his successor. Now it looks like the Redskins want to talk to Spagnola of the Giants as he is the next hot co-ordinator. There is no clear reason why Mora pulled his name from contention other than his own press release states that he is very happy in Seattle but again nothing has been reported. So anyone who thinks they know what Holmgren has decided is full of crap. Looks like tomorrow could be the day that we all find out.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Don't you know John Clayton dials up the Iceman just to say '' whassssup" Knowing all about the secret Seahawk soap opera is some deep info. That must be pretty cool to be on the inside like that Tup:

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
Red Neckersom said:
Ice. I hate to say it as well, but you have no idea what you are talking about bro. How do you get all your inside information? Do you get it from Koren Robinson as well, or heck maybe Mike Holmgren himself, lmao.

5 percent of me would like to see what Mora could do, but 95 percent knows that Holmgren needs to be the guy.
Heard it on Scotty Ferrels show on Sirius. He is the best sports man around. No bull like the Connticut based ESPN Boston pro show. He was talking with the editor of Sports Illustrated. So dont go calling anyone names if your wrong! I dont claim to know it all. I just am on the road about 4 hours a day and have to kill the time with my Sirius. Its been talked about alot in last week. The quote tonight was that Mora informed the Seahawks that he would be very interested in the job IF offered by Washington. He was called back and told some information only he knows. HOWEVER sources inside the organazation are saying that they will not be offering Holmgren anything until the end of next year and his results at end of next year. They also are heavly speculating that Holmgren is wanting to have a job like Bill Parcells got in Miami. Here is the kicker. They said he wants to stay on west coast but the only team needing a VP just filled that job. That is the 49ers.

I do like to raise some fun rukus on here with my friends. However I dont lie or make things up. I only say what I have heard on radio. I find it very insulting to be talked to that way by friends.

I will go back and shut up now. We will see who is right. Could be me, you or no one. But rest assured. I will not call anyone names. sick:

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
I don't see anyone calling anyone names.. You say things to get attention, you call yourself an ego maniac, just enjoy it.. Tup:

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
I took the YOU DONT KNOW what your talking about and the I HAVE READ ALL THE BLOGS as an accusation that I am talking out the side of my face. I just wanted to set the record straight. My predictions are open game and just a guess. But when I say I heard somthing or read something that comes from a source. Open to everyone that listen or reads.

I am not an ego manic.

I dont know near as much as lots of others here on the sports posts. Just relaying news that I have heard or read.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Sorry if your offended about the ego-maniac thing Ice. I thought I just read it on the new forum, old forum thread, but sometimes like we all know, things are hard to understand on the internet.. :?:

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
dmack said:
Sorry if your offended about the ego-maniac thing Ice. I thought I just read it on the new forum, old forum thread, but sometimes like we all know, things are hard to understand on the internet.. :?:
I was joking there :D

Its all good. Just tired from driving 7000 miles in 8 weeks sick:

Its almost baseball time. Gotta catch a game sometime.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I HAVE READ ALL THE BLOGS/quote]

Well, that one is mine so I will address it. I wasn't calling you a liar, just curious as to where you were hearing what you were saying is all. I was curious about it because no one locally, to my knowledge, has reported the things you were stating and I think it would be safe to assume that the local beat writers would have jumped on that kind of information immediately. That is all. Now we all need to hold hands and take a deep breath or two. Okay now repeat after me...........

THE SEAHAWKS ARE GONNA KICK SOME SERIOUS 49ER ASS NEXT SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts