Gamefishin.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hows the water depth on the creek? Im planning to head out tomorrow.

Today got at the creek at 7am. I went 3 for 3 today. My first fish was ugly summer run CnR, Second was a keeper, Third snagged.. My buddy went 0 for 2. Left at 2pm.

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
Re: Tokul

I can't imagine fishing will be too good down there at the moment with all the rain we are getting right now... water levels are rising for sure

·
Registered
520 Posts

i would say the opposite. all the low snow is gone and its not raining hard enough to put the rivers out by am. i say go. not too mention tokul got a pile of fish into the trap last week id say there are a few around.

·
Registered
16 Posts

I like to fish the creek when it is high, at normal levels there's barely enough water to keep the fish wet. When it's like that they mainly move in at night. When it's really rippin you can actually get a good drift.

·
Registered
138 Posts
nice work!

I went down there this morning too, but was a bit late and didn't get a spot. I saw a lot of guys down there flipping.

I took off to see some different spots down river and saw exactly 0 fish caught all day, but I saw some new river.

·
Registered
8,603 Posts
you should have entered that fish in the ThreeRiver Derby.... It would of given Guru who leads it a run for his money.
Bubba Tup:

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Chuck S said:
they should close that floss fest down. Either fish the river or leave em alone.
For what? If Tokul didn't get enough returns, they would shut it down. But, they are hatchery fish, aka bonk-fish. They aren't being ripped off of redds and they aren't going to spawn and return to the salt. Its the last chance for people to nab a few.

I'm not a fan of fishing it, mainly because its not my style of fishing, but closing it down makes no sense.

Nice fish, flip! Tup:

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Chuck S said:
yea, good point. the hatchery fish need to be bonked but I hope no wilds swim up there.
Yeah, I'm not sure if wild do. I know the Snoqualmie gets some, but I've never heard of one caught out of Tokul. Not sure how well they would do up in it. Its a pretty steep creek where the boulders and trees move every time it floods. I'm no biologist, but it hardly seems like all that moving water would allow them to make redds or even for the eggs to stay in them.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Floss fest?
I thought the standard setup was a 12" leader and 3" of lead.
How short does a leader need to be before it isn't flossing?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had never been so I went down there today. Man there are some real idiots down there. This guy go so pissed at me. I found it funny and did not say anything to him, but he lost it. I was there for about 20 min. I would have left but he kept yelling at me so I stayed the whole 20 min. It is a serious snag/floss/b.s. fishery. I finally left because I wanted to actually fish. There were not any fish to be had down stream so I hit up the Green. Same story. It was much more fun to get out of the flossing/snaggers creek through.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'll be down there tomorrow Tup: nice fish u got there, and who cares if there flossing and snagging them... there hatchery fish and they hatchery has their limit so whats the problem? I don't plan on attempting to snag them, but if i do i do whatever u know..

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
To me if it is a big problem they would of closed the creek way long time ago when there were more fish and more people fishing for them... To some people it's a place to catch these beautiful fish where it is allowed to fish for them and keep them.. I say if it is open to fish them then fish.. If a 12 inch leader is the way to get to them then that's the way to get to them.. Just keep it legal and there's no worrys... I mean if people want to try to catch them drifting eggs then they can drift eggs and if they catch fish then Tup: for them.. The creek doesn't say people that floss can't fish here or people that want to catch fish can't fish here.. My friend caught a nice fish and Tup: to him.. He's a good learner and I'm glad he's my fishing partner.. If you guys see us say wassup .. I lik to meet new people and talk because I'm that Kind of guy.. I don't dislike people because of what I hear from here . The only way I will dislike people is by person.. So if you see me
and flipboy say wassup and shake our hands.. My hats for fishing have hottshott206 on them so that will be me :) Good luck to everybody on there season of 2010 hope to see you all..

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.