Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just reasently bought a Bayliner 21' Liberty . I'm thinking about joining the TOA. Yesterday while out on her maiden voyage I cruzed by TOA and noticed on a low 2' tide the ramp was high and dry. If any members know which tides you can launch/recover from there would be greatly appreciated.

Tight lines

GJ

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Hooknline, I believe that they actually have an extra section of dock removed right now for repair. Give DBAppraiser a shout he is a member and launches there all the time.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Hooknline, TOA has removed 3 sections of the dock for repair due to some damage from winter storms this year. Typically, the docks are accessible down to a 0 tide and all docks are in place early spring until late November/early December. Most years a couple of docks are removed for protection from storm damage and this is done during the winter months. During these months dock access is possible down to 2-3 lows, if memory serves. TOA is a great club to join if you are a serious south sound boater and the cost is $250 initiation fee and annual dues are $175 per year. $425 to join and $175 a year after that. There is a covered picnic area with fireplace, boat rinse area at the head of the ramps, 3-4 engine flushing stations and your truck/trailer are parked behind a locked gate while you are out. Social events include the crab feed in March, Halloween costume party, along with other cruises during the season. Also there is a X-mas party and Easter party for the kids. We also have family nights once a month in the summer where there is hamburgers/hot dogs bbq. Meetings are twice a month and beer is cheap at the meetings! Visit the web site at http://www.tacomaoutboardassociation.com for more info. Since Pt Defiance and Narrows have both raised their ramp fees and Des Moines is going to remove the slings TOA is more affordable then ever if you are a serious boater.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the heads up guys. TOA is the way to go :mrgreen:

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Got your PM Hook. I went out today, the club has 4 docks out of the water right now so any tide below 5-6 feet and there will be no dock access. That should be remedied in the next month or so. If you want to join the club just attend a meeting and bring your check book. :D

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WIll do DB......thats for the great input...see you there Tup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts