Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I signed up for the new forum. When I log off of the internet, my screensaver is the diagonal online icon you use on the new forum when somebody is online. I don't know how this happened nor can I seem to get rid of it. Any ideas of how this might have happened or how to fix it? conf: conf:

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
That sucks, my screensaver always has the same picture of that damn Swedish Bikini team. :D

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hey gonefishin... is it your desktop picture or screensaver? Both are pretty simple to fix. Right click anywhere on your desktop screen (minimize all program windows first) and a menu will pop up, click on "properties." The display properties window will open. If it's your desktop picture then click the desktop tab - choose browse and find a suitable picture then hit apply. If the issue is you screen saver then click the screen saver tab - scroll in the menu to find a suitable screensaver then hit apply. Hope this helps. Adios, T

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cruaidin said:
Hey gonefishin... is it your desktop picture or screensaver? Both are pretty simple to fix. Right click anywhere on your desktop screen (minimize all program windows first) and a menu will pop up, click on "properties." The display properties window will open. If it's your desktop picture then click the desktop tab - choose browse and find a suitable picture then hit apply. If the issue is you screen saver then click the screen saver tab - scroll in the menu to find a suitable screensaver then hit apply. Hope this helps. Adios, T
It's my desk top picture. I tried what you said. When I click on properties, I don'f get another display properties window. I get a window that has four tabs. Themes,screen saver,appearance,and settings. Uder themes there is a drop down menu. I tried to change it to the standard windows display. When I hit OK i get a little window that says Please Wait, but nothing happens. sick:

·
Premium Member
6,601 Posts
You aren't able to get rid of it by changing the Desktop settings under Display Properties?

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Forget the themes. Click on the Appearance tab and set the desktop background to either a picture you want or better yet NONE. :)

Remember, big pictures on your desktop take up memory (ram) and can therefore slow down your machine.

BTW: It sounds to me like you contracted a virus or worm on your machine. Is your Antivirus software up to date and working?

·
Registered
206 Posts
It's kooky that you don't have a desktop tab in the display properties window. Which version of windows are you running? Another work around is to click your start button, choose settings, then choose control panel, then choose display and the display window with the desktop tab should open. Choose desktop and change your picture there. Themes is pretty much just for changing the background colors of your bars and windows, so you shouldn't really worry about that too much. If worse comes to worse, find a picture online that you want to use as your desktop, right click on it and choose Set as Desktop Background. I suspect this inadvertently happened with your avatar "online" picture and that's why it's your background. Hope this well help you exercise the demons. T

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Red Neckersom said:
That sucks, my screensaver always has the same picture of that damn Swedish Bikini team. :D
Fortunately for you Clay, it is the mens team....
Nothing against your life style though big guy.. wink:

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
gordygroover said:
Red Neckersom said:
Fortunately for you Clay, it is the mens team....
Nothing against your life style though big guy.. wink:
Darnit Gordy, you got me. I might as well open the door to the closet now,huh. :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts