Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,802 Posts
I think Oly is the guy for info about how a TJ rides in the salt. I will say that I have a 21' Thundjet with 454 and Hamilton pump. It is a sled and is 10degree. It rides decent in the salt, but it really isn't designed for that. The one thing that I will say about our ThunderJet is that it is built really well! We bought it new in 2000 and it has held up very well. They are built as well or better than other Allum. boats out there. I plan to hold onto mine and I'm not currently in the market for a new boat, but if I were, I would consider a ThunderJet again. The only draw back I have found is that they don't have local sales and service in my area. Good luck with you purchase.

· Registered
1,802 Posts
Olybirds said:
i also got to point out that Elronp and Netboy both have Inboard Jets on their boats. Both would have less deadrise and less control and stability and a much harsher ride in an ocean/salty environment when compared to a Luxor with a outboard and Bracket.
Yeah, I tried to make that clear in my post. Our sled is not designed for long runs in the chop. I just wanted to point out that I have been very happy with the way it's put together. In my opinion ThunderJet makes a very strong boat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.