Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THE BRITISH AND THEIR NANNY STATE

The British government has decided that government school teachers should no longer assume that their students have a "mom and dad." Therefore, teachers are to refer to "mom and dad" as "parents" because this would be more appropriate in tackling anti-gay bullying in schools. The government believes that students as young as four-years-old should be familiarized with the idea of same-sex couples, and teachers should never assume that students come from conventional families.

This new policy also states that children who call classmates "gay" should be treated just the same as racists. This is part of a zero-tolerance crackdown on derogatory language. Teachers must not tell boys to "be a man" or accuse them of behaving like "a bunch of women." This could lead to bullying of some students who do not conform to fixed ideas of gender. conf:

Also, in the classroom, teachers should use their curriculum and every opportunity to end discriminatory attitudes about gay people. The example given is that an English teacher could focus on the emotions of gay characters in literature. :shock:

Blimey! :D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... ge_id=1770

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Our gov is very PC and they all want us to live like this. We prefer to be our own man.

The PCers hate this program but we love it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... ge_id=1773

Do not think this has just began to happen, Tony Blair was one of the biggest pusher of PC. I would be regarded as a rebel.

I have nothing against homos it is just that I don't want their ideas pushed onto the kids. Hell the kids should enjoy life. Some folk want girls as young as 12 to be given the pill at school, they want condom machines in the toilets. Last one not a bad idea as over here the kids can have sex at a much younger age than over there. But I do draw the line at making it easier for them to have sex.

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
Not to worry Sir John. You don't have a monoply on silly sh ts. We got em too. Too bad some useful employment cannot be found for them. Like shoveling snow instead of ordure.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
London's Left-Wing Mayor Under Fire Ahead of Reelection Bid
By Kevin McCandless
CNSNews.com Correspondent
February 11, 2008

London (CNSNews.com) - The mayor of London has come under attack for allegedly allowing Marxist advisers to run the British capital, giving millions in questionable grants to minority and liberal interest groups -- and drinking hard liquor at morning meetings.

Ken Livingstone, who has long been a controversial leftist firebrand, faced an angry session of the Greater London Assembly last Thursday over six cultural organizations that received funds from the city.

Earlier in the day, city councilors were told that the recipient groups, which have received roughly $3 million over the last few years to work with various ethnic organizations, are now under investigation by Scotland Yard.

Groups such as the Green Badge Taxi Company, which existed to train minority cab drivers in the capital, reportedly had little to show for the money, as well as poor or non-existent financial records................

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewForeignBurea ... 0211a.html

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Yup good old Ken is much further Left than me and a lot of other Lefties. He is a law unto himself. In his fifedom and you are black/one legged lesbian and you said you had an idea you would get money to try and carry out that idea. He and his like have wasted millions of taxpayers money. Some of ideas have been good but some have come from cloud cuckoo land.

We had these sort of folk running Liverpool in the 80's and it led to the Labour leader to say, you chose it is them or us. The Labour Party decided to back the leader. When he left the party Tony Blair took over and he made even more changes to the right.

When Ken was elected the first time round he was elected as an Independant as Tony did not like him but the folk of London did. So he got voted in with a big majority. When the next election came round Tony decided he did like him and Ken stood as the Party official candidate. Once again he was voted in with a lower majority. The Labour Party has no control over him and he can do as he pleases. Tony wanted to roll out mayors in many towns and cities but some folk voted against this idea.

Now I will give you a laugh a guy from the Monster Raving Looney Party won an election, the folk just snubbed the main parties and wanted to make a point. The MRLP had never won a seat before and they are just folk who love to enter the contests and make us happy. What do you know he is doing a good job.

Ken is not the only Labour Party mayor that is under investigation. Seems like if they have more power and money to boot that money goes into some strange schemes.

Wrong again DBA please post where you found that sort of news.

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
Lord, and I thought 'One flew over the Cuckoos' Nest' was dark comedy. Fact always tops fiction. How is it that screwballs, like butterfat, rise to the top. Something fundamentally wrong at work there AND here.

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Got to admit I had not heard that they were trying folk. I learnt last weeek that they were doing the divorce thing and it had was not recognised in British Law. I did notice the victims relatives saying it would be dealt with out of court. If the victim is not willing to press charges then there is nothing the police can do about it. Sad World here, kids report to hospital with stab wounds, hospital call police and if the kids say nothing then there is nothing the police can do about it. The whole row has started because the Archbishop of Canterbury has opened his trap and talked about how it would be okay for Sharia Law in some areas of the country he opened up a can of worms. In my eyes he was an idiot and did not think about what would happen in other countries where Christians are living alongside Muslims.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
And if these courts continue to grow then England will have a percentage of the court system that is based on religious idealogy. And you worry about us electing someone with religious principles? Some days it looks like merry old England is on the road to conversion.

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Nah I cannot see them allowing them to grow. On the divorce thing then they may let them continue, but as the Clerics say they will also have to go to an English Court to make it legal.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Slowly you could end up with a country inside a country which isn't good and England isn't the only country in Europe facing this. France with their large Islamic population is too along with some others. The problem is that ME immigrants have not been made to feel like they are English or French citizens that happen to be Muslim but rather they are Muslims who happen to live in England. That doesn't work very well.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
DBAppraiser said:
Slowly you could end up with a country inside a country which isn't good and England isn't the only country in Europe facing this. France with their large Islamic population is too along with some others.
It is happening throughout Europe. Today they riot, bomb subways and lobby for status and recognition. They are the fastest growing population and when they become strong enough they will likely band together and form the United Muslim Confederation of Europe. I wonder if the Euro will look good with a crescent?

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Bozo please do not mix Muslims with the riots that they had over in France last year. These riots were about the social problems that they were having over there. I am not condoning these riots just explaining them to you.

DBA I hope that a country within a country does not happeen. I have to admit that our police are getting more PC and the biggest PC pushers are our present gov. The Archbishop of Canterbury made a remark about Sharia Law and caused an uproar and what does Gordon do, he backs the man. Must not upset the boat as it might cost me votes in the next election. Instead of standing for what we have always believed in. Typical PC person. As I told you before Tony was always backing down apart from Iraq and that is why I said he had no backbone. Gordon seems to follow the same route.

There is a big difference between living in a multi culture society and one where there is different groups living in different areas and having their own laws.

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
Just curious Sir John: Have you figured out as yet that the Bobbies cannot protect you from the Jackals in the streets?
They can arrange for the blood to be hosed away and they can haul away the cadavers and debris from a blast, but all that is post event. Too bad a lot more 'law abiding' or normals are not packing a firearm. The society there and in France too would get a serious boost in good manners. Of course even then the Muslims, because of their mode of attire, would have a firepower advantage. lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts