Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received this via email. This guy is just plain outrageous and needs to be dealt with in the most punishable possible. This guy is evil :evil: and I'm more than pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :evil: :evil: :evil:
Friends,
At 3:30 this afternoon I received a call informing me that WDFW Director Jeff Koenings has called a meeting for tomorrow (Wednesday) to present to the sport fishing leaders a proposal from the Columbia River gillnetters for a compromise on the Columbia River Spring Chinook allocation plan.
The problem with this is that the "sport fishing leaders" have not been advised of the meeting!!!!! It seems that Koenings likely has hand picked some of his favorite people to represent the state's sport fishing leaders!!!!!! Sounds like another "Visioning Process", doesn't it?
Just to let you know, I will be attending that meeting tomorrow if I can FIND OUT WHERE IT IS BEING HELD!!!!!! I had to leave my job at the Sport Show in Portland to try to attend this unscheduled and very questionable meeting. After all, the public input on these seasons has long been concluded. When will the F&W Commission step up and do their job? Doesn't look like they want to make the tough decisions, does it? Or is Dr. Koenings side stepping the commission? And, one has to wonder about what kind of political pressure is being applied and on whom.
This is just more evidence of an out of control administration that is not using the public process but is engineering and steering a favored few to represent a false position in order to continue to support a culture that is damaging to an already endangered resource. I guarantee you that I will not sit back and let some folks both inside and outside the WDFW continue to manipulate the public processes to manage our fish and wildlife resources in their interests.
Start composing your editorial opinion letters. I’ll keep you advised.

·
Administrator
13,955 Posts
Commissioners,

I apologize for my recent over-reaction this morning to a so-called surprise meeting. After calling Director Koening's office to learn more about the meeting, I've learned that, indeed, Director Koenings is meeting with some disgruntled constituents at the request of Senator Hatfield, but it is more of a personal nature and information sharing, and not a full blown meeting.

This type of mis-information is unfortunate, but understandable given the highly charged issue of salmon and steelhead conservation and management on the Columbia this spring. Thank you for your understanding of my reaction upon receiving mis-information on a non existent issue.

Jim Tuggle
Puget Sound Anglers

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Thanks Hook, that's what I was trying to say in my own inelegant way! Tup:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Relax dude... :) this is apparently a false-alarm case (in the circumstance). It doesn't mean that we shouldn't be vigilant, but we should also temper our reactions:

Commissioners,

I apologize for my recent over-reaction this morning to a so-called surprise meeting. After calling Director Koening's office to learn more about the meeting, I've learned that, indeed, Director Koenings is meeting with some disgruntled constituents at the request of Senator Hatfield, but it is more of a personal nature and information sharing, and not a full blown meeting.

This type of mis-information is unfortunate, but understandable given the highly charged issue of salmon and steelhead conservation and management on the Columbia this spring. Thank you for your understanding of my reaction upon receiving mis-information on a non existent issue.

Jim Tuggle
Puget Sound Anglers

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay I acted on misinformation, but I will not apologize. My opinion of this guy remains and is justified in my mind at least because of his past track record and that of his supervision of his direct staffing that reports to him. Governor Haywire promised a change, guess she is part of it also.

Thanks Dr. for posting a message I have not seen as of yet. I'll try and get the word out also to those included in Tugs email.

Edited to add the following @ 12:55 PM 2/05/08.............Oh and BTW, we should not trust that this meeting is going to benefit the sports groups. This slime ball might have intentionally invited a select group to an informal meeting to circumvent the open meeting laws. Beware when the fox leaves the door open to the hen house and invites all his like minded cronies to the feast.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I don't know why this type of meeting would surprise anyone. Thats how politicians get their pocketbooks full, by running backdoor meetings and secret deals.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay I'll man up and say I was wrong about the participants in today's meeting. Another lesson learned in life about trusting information, no matter who or were it comes from. Thanks for the Secret Springer Meeting with Director Koening post. I do not however intend to reconsider my feelings and thoughts of the Director or his direct reporting staff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts