Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The National Republican Congressional Committee apparently stopped conducting independent audits of its finances five years ago, according to Republican sources and Federal Election Commission records.

The NRCC will not confirm its audit history, citing an ongoing investigation into financial irregularities apparently centering on former Treasurer Christopher Ward. But the indication is that the committee did not conduct an independent audit at all during the 2003-2006 tenure of former Chairman Tom Reynolds (N.Y.) and his audit committee chairman, Rep. Greg Walden (Ore.).

wink:

Not only can't they run a caucus, they can't run a party either................... :D

I love this neocon breed of Republicans, I really do. Tup:

·
Banned
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Awwww.....C'mon you guys.

Don't tell me that no member of the party of 'fiscal responsibility' is going to jump in and comment here ?
Typical GOP policy, 'don't look, don't ask'.............don't find. clown:
:lol:

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Why would we comment on another cut and paste from Progressive Blog Digest? ( of course not atribbuted by you to the author yet again)

If we are interested in what the degenerative left thinks we can just go there and read why do you think you need to cut and paste and then pretend it is your own material?

Here is another one you posted yesterday

http://www.senateguru.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=9
George W. Bush on June 14, 2006: I feel confident we will hold the House and the Senate.

George W. Bush on February 25, 2008: I'm confident we'll hold the White House in 2008

·
Banned
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually I got it from a different site.if you actually looked around you could find it in a dozen or so places.
Probably more.

Still avoiding the topic, as one would expect of an intellectually challeneged, non voting, troll such as yourself. I guess that inability to run any sort of financial operation is endemic to Republicans.

BTW, I saw William F Buckley died today.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
If I wanted to comment on it I would comment to the original author which is not you.

You get most all of your material from other sites and then post them as your own. It is typical of those who are guilty to crow the lousdest about the dishonesty of others in your case you like to point out dishonest Republicans.

look this up and give it a shot.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attribution

·
Banned
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As if what you say makes a damn bit of difference outside your own front door.

I doubt if you have ever made a post where you didn't attempt to denigrate someone, and as you posted last week, you live in an imaginary world where you 'imagine' people getting angry and pounding keyboards.

Like I said yesterday, you're in the running for one of the biggest jackass trolls on the internet.
Step up your game a bit, and perhaps you'll have a shot.

When a man, and in your case I use the term very loosely, can't be bothered to vote, and spends his day pontificating about politics, refers to anyone who disagrees with him as a degenerate, ****, and so forth, one has to wonder whether in fact you have the courage of your own convictions.
Outward appearances would indicate you do not.

Sort of un American not to vote, don't ya think ?
Disingenuous to proclaim that we are spreading Democracy, when you can't be bothered to participate in it.
If Democracy and the right to vote is such an important thing, and you support the policy of bringing to to all those poor opressed middle east nations, why can't you support it at home ?

Go ahead, write another check to a PAC, like you mentioned yesterday................. clown:

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
Well if this is such a terrible thing to Divider, I suppose I should consider donating to the GOP.

Just trying to keep the political pendulum from falling off it's base and destroying America!

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
It's not a terrible thing to Divoider but it is to someone else, He just borrowed the idea. wink:

He has no idea what is good or bad he just copies and pastes others ideas and calls them his own. clown:

·
Banned
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
fishslave said:
Well if this is such a terrible thing to Divider, I suppose I should consider donating to the GOP.

Just trying to keep the political pendulum from falling off it's base and destroying America!
Well then don't donate, participate. Find a candidate that suits your beliefs, local, state or federal, and give some time to them, even if it's just an hour a month. I know you work and volunteer on fisheries issues, so you obviously know the value of showing up. Tup: It can be tedious, as you of all people know, but better to have fought and lost than to have never fought at all. (I can't remember who said that elvis, seeing as you probably do, feel free to post a link.)
Decisions are made by those who show up, and lobbyists show up, seeing as they're paid to do so.

Last night I sat in with a small local group of like minded folks to develop some ideas on how to engage more of the electorate, and draw them into the process. Not a lot of policy wonk stuff, just brainstorming on what it might take to get more people to get involved outside of simply casting a ballot. Time constraints were mentioned more than any other factor as to why these folks didn't get more involved.
Probably true, but at least they took some time to give input. Yes, we are primarily Democrats and left of center moderates, but the consensus was that more participation beyond voting on both sides would be a good thing.

One thing about Obama, he seems to drawing in new voters, I was reading some numbers on the Texas early voting, numbers are way up. Whether they are new registrants, or simply registered voters who aren't regular voters I am not sure.

It won't happen overnight, probably won't happen for a generation or 3 if ever, but that's what I think needs to happen.
In conversations with some of my friends who are Republicans and feel the same way, I've found that they too would work to increase voter participation on multiple levels throught the process, on both sides of the aisle.

Of course, around here.............simply casting a ballot would be an improvement for some. clown:

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
"Last night I sat in with a small local group of like minded folks @ http://www.pridefoundation.org to develop some ideas on how to engage more of the electorate, and draw them into the process. Not a lot of policy wonk stuff, just brainstorming on what it might take to get more people to get involved outside of simply casting a ballot." wink:

·
Banned
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
FS:

Thanks to your consistent, repeated, incessant cajoling, I have. I guess pressure works when applied slowly and continuously over a long period of time, sort of like the whole coal/ diamond theory......... wink:
I am going to the WSC Auction Saturday, I also attended it last year. It was intersting to listen to Salmo and Todd while we fished last week, I learned a bit, seeing I as I kept my mouth shut except to ask questions.
Admittedly a rare occasion................... wink:

Probably should be more involved in fisheries issues and I know it but time constraints, even for a guy like me, force choices, so I do the political thing.

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
Finally... I'm suprised you didn't mention it sooner! Thanks for stepping up.

I'm headed to the first ever, sold out Lewis County CCA Chapter Banquet tonight. Been saving my allowance, but what are the odds that I'll get something nifty with 399 other potential bidders?

·
Banned
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bid early bid often................ :D

I will probably not do much bidding at the WSC auction, I have a trip to Hawaii next week, and have been saving my coin for that. I know all these events are timed for the 'slow season' when not much is going on, but that's exactly what it is for me, the slow season.............

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Bid early, Bid often---- HMMM, that sounds alot like the Democrats method for winning an election, Vote early, Vote often! wink:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts