Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of early ones arriving? Its only a month away! Over 200.000 fish to pick from. I am PUMPED! Doing Drano in April with Mystical Legends Guide service along with my buddys here. Might hit the BIG C in late March. ITS GOING TO ROCK FOR THE FIRST TIME IN YEARS!

Anyone have any good fishing gear advice here. Only dont it a few times with little luck. Need some expert help wink:

·
Registered
697 Posts
call me crazy, but.... i am going to give it a try around the 20th of this month :lol: I know... way to early, but you never know ! I know of a few SPRINGERS taken this early.... Lets face it, its better than sitting here at the house waiting ! I would rather be on the water waiting for my rod to bury :D

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Live to fish said:
call me crazy, but.... i am going to give it a try around the 20th of this month :lol: I know... way to early, but you never know ! I know of a few SPRINGERS taken this early.... Lets face it, its better than sitting here at the house waiting ! I would rather be on the water waiting for my rod to bury :D
with the amount of fish returning, you may find yourself in a good setting. Many fish and only you on the water!!! :mrgreen: Tup:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ther might be alot of fish coming for upriver brights but the willamete only has 38000 or so . The thing is there only going to let you fish for them above I 5 and in the willamete system. I guess we will find out more the 15th .

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Iceshark said:
Has anyone heard of early ones arriving? Its only a month away! Over 200.000 fish to pick from. I am PUMPED! Doing Drano in April with Mystical Legends Guide service along with my buddys here. Might hit the BIG C in late March. ITS GOING TO ROCK FOR THE FIRST TIME IN YEARS!

Anyone have any good fishing gear advice here. Only dont it a few times with little luck. Need some expert help wink:
I'm by no means an expert but i'd definitely load up with braid.

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fishawk said:
Ther might be alot of fish coming for upriver brights but the willamete only has 38000 or so . The thing is there only going to let you fish for them above I 5 and in the willamete system. I guess we will find out more the 15th .
I fish Cathlamet and Kalama areas so it will be lights out there! Tup:

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Iceshark said:
Fishawk said:
ICE, above I 5, means up river from around Vancouver, so no fishing at the Kalama or Cathlamet area as I understand it...

·
Registered
17 Posts
If the Columbia is closed it'll be bumper boats on the tribs..Not a problem for me, but it'll be Bouy 10 or the south jetty at Garibaldi for sure

·
Registered
357 Posts
It's usually the opposet of what they say it will be so I wouldn't get my hopes up just yet.

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
RiverFishin said:
Iceshark said:
Fishawk said:
ICE, above I 5, means up river from around Vancouver, so no fishing at the Kalama or Cathlamet area as I understand it...
Not from what I have understood over the last few years. The Kalama to Cathlamet area has been open. I think and hope your incorrect :eek:

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Your right Riverfishin! This is utter [email protected]! Why would they close this stretch of river this year when a huge run is coming back Tdown: Its open the other 25.000 fish years and now going to be closed? Makes no sence. I hate our WDFW managers. What a crock! is this for sure? Oregon has it made and we get scrwed :x At least we have Drano.

JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sick:

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Iceshark said:
Your right Riverfishin! This is utter [email protected]! Why would they close this stretch of river this year when a huge run is coming back Tdown: Its open the other 25.000 fish years and now going to be closed? Makes no sence. I hate our WDFW managers. What a crock! is this for sure? Oregon has it made and we get scrwed :x At least we have Drano.

I believe it's to protect the Willamete fish. But on the up-side (if there is one) is that we (sportfishers) should be able to selectively harvest more fish downstream. And do a better job than the commercials when it comes to selective harvest.....so be careful with unclipped fish and let's show how we can do it better.

Ice---Good luck and you will have a blast no matter what. Tup:

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
RowVsWade said:
Iceshark said:

I believe it's to protect the Willamete fish. But on the up-side (if there is one) is that we (sportfishers) should be able to selectively harvest more fish downstream. And do a better job than the commercials when it comes to selective harvest.....so be careful with unclipped fish and let's show how we can do it better.

Yea your right. At least we will have lots of fish to catch still. Is this for sure?

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Ice---Not until Oregon approves it I believe.

You'll have fun and slay'em......your fishing with a great guide from what I hear and hope to do the same eventually. Good luck.

·
Registered
96 Posts
If its too protect the willamette fish why open the river to sportfishing?

Iceshark said:
RowVsWade said:
Iceshark said:

Yea your right. At least we will have lots of fish to catch still. Is this for sure?

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I just don't really get it either Fishawk. conf:

The reason most folks fish the Oregon side for springers is due to the Willamette fish usually being the early run and getting targeted heavily because of it. Sounds like a weak run may get hammered before and after they get to their river.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
The possibility of the lower Big C below I-5 closed, darn.
Long drive to Drano and the Wind, lining up a couple 3 day weekends now if this closure becomes the rule this Friday.
The tribs-cowlitz & lewis, will be packed for sure.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts