Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
He expertly drives our great kids around in a school bus; his bus might be running on snow routes, too.

Last I spoke with him, he did not have access to a computer all the time,
just on school breaks. So his work PC might be quite popular right now.

Be patient, he will log on and see his fortune.

If he does not see it soon, just post that he has not yet responded and I will call him.

Sir John, did you send him a private message?

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes sent him one nearly 48 hours ago. Not opened yet.

I know what his job is and thought the rod might be handy for him to keep with him in the front of the bus. He rigs it up and puts a weight on the end of the line, then he can clout any unruly kid with the weight without moving from his seat. By doing this it will also help with his casting technique and the bus will be quiet. ;)

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I hope everything is very well with Douglas.

It is not like him to be away from his beloved Gamefishin site for so long. I hope nothing is awry.

I will look up his number and give it a jingle.

Cheerio !!!

Sir John, you are a saint -- or you are at least being considered for sainthood.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
The phone number I had for him is no longer any good.

Can someone else call him that has his current number and tell him of his great fortune?

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I wil give him a call, as soon as I figure out what you Folks are up to. I have been a bit busy with the Ice and Snow but my main hurtle has been a Teenage Daughter working the Homework on the PC. :roll:
So I guess I had check my PM now, or another thread with Sir John's Signature on it :?: conf:
" TRAPPER"

·
Administrator
13,966 Posts
THE TRAPPER said:
I wil give him a call, as soon as I figure out what you Folks are up to. I have been a bit busy with the Ice and Snow but my main hurtle has been a Teenage Daughter working the Homework on the PC. :roll:
So I guess I had check my PM now, or another thread with Sir John's Signature on it :?: conf:
" TRAPPER"
There's no "catch". :D

Your the proud new owner of a new St Croix fishing rod valued at around $150. clap:

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Trapper has found what we are talking about and sent me a great PM.

Thanks for all who looked in at these postings.

To all the others who did not win, better luck next time round.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I had no idea that being Off Line for a few days that I would be missing so much. :eek:
Wouldn't you know Sir John and his accomplice Dr Hook would be out spreading good cheer.
I'm just glad you didn't have to be present to win.
Thank you so much for the New Rod, (those of you that have fished alongside me know already how much I have needed a new one.) Thanks so much for this great Gift, I will be looking forward to baptizing it proper, in the waters of the Green. " TRAPPER"

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I knew you were the right person to receive the new rod, after watching you catch Chums on that Tuna stick.

I am sure your Tuna stick has killed many a fish however.

You certainly proved to me that reading water is far more important than swinging a high dollar stick.

Learn to fish first, then reward yourself with a high quality rod and reel.

Trapper is far too busy spending time and money on his daughter and wife, then to spend it on a new rod.

I hope you really enjoy that new stick. Congratulations once again.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Thanks Sparky, It's the best Rod I have ever owned. I'm bound to get spoiled, (nice to be spoiled by the best!) "TRAPPER"

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
This is a great example of good things happening to good people, and the good people doing the good things. It's all good Tup: clap:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts